Anybody have trouble getting it to fit back in the shipping box?

After struggling to see how two batteries would fit in those slots by putting the batteries in vertically, like in all my other cases, I took another look at your photo and realized they go in sideways! Duh! :rolleyes: Thanks again for the photo!
This thing is growing on me. I'm going to pair it with my FPVLR v2 transmitter tomorrow, and give it another chance to impress me. :cool:
Haha. I did the same thing in my unboxing video. So used to seeing all the cases where they go in vertically.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Charger & cord fit beneath the slot where the props are stored.
Thanks.

Big adjustment. My case for my p3p holds 24 props. Going down to 4 will be a big adjustment :|

IMG_5062.jpg
I put the RC and spare batteries in plastic bags. They slide out easy now.

Good to know. Thanks for pointing that out. I was misinformed. Were I keeping the P4, I like the P4 shipping case, and would have found it handy to use in the car for easy transport. Unfortunately, the P4 shipping case's only use will be to return the disappointing P4 back to DJI for a full refund. My three P3 "Professional" aircraft are much more useful for my long range video photography flying than the P4 "Enthusiast" model. Maybe, after P4 battery mods and birdside video power mods are available, I'll reconsider. It is a pretty "dirty" bird! :cool:

You mean you HAVE a P4, and didn't notice it could hold 2 additional batteries

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Then you keep the ipad mini up front . My 8" tablet is just about a quarter inch to big to fit there . Then I want to go a little bigger with a 9.7 , so unless I want to take a inch out of the inside of the case , looks like I will be carrying it in my camcorder case .

Where does the charger go?

The charger fits in cut out slot under the props... Opposite side from extra batteries

Just curious, why do you need to carry 24 props around?

It's a pirates life for me
Because I like to change them after each flight so that all blades wear evenly. OCD. I've had blades end up with nicks and chips in them when I have it 800ft in the air zipping around. Couldn't tell you how it happens

3df1fcc0ed116ad8ec93056d7c487c51.jpg
such a weight difference in the boxes I love the new light weight lol

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You mean you HAVE a P4, and didn't notice it could hold 2 additional batteries
Mine was ordered without an extra battery, so no additional batteries were already stored inside, and no instructions included on turning the batteries sideways to fit inside, instead of vertically, like in every other P3 case. Early posters also mistakenly stated there was no room inside for extra batteries. I guess you were just born with brilliance, and I must be stupid. :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping out with the packing! It's amazing they can get everything in such a small, lightweight, innocuous looking package, complete with a secure latch, and a sturdy carry handle! :cool: You could even hand carry it onto an airplane and safely stow it in the overhead!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl