Any takers on the latest update of DJI GO App

That way you can still get FPV even if the app goes out and you have full control through the RC. Treat the app as optional.

I don't want to get too far off topic, but that got me to thinking about HDMI and a separate monitor just so I can avoid any potential for app crashes, which my stupid iPad does occasionally. I don't have problems with video lag, but I also don't fly all that far away (3000 ft is my farthest so far, and its usually less than 2000). Question, does the HDMI video out contain any telemetry? (Guessing not since that probably takes app input)

I don't want to get too far off topic, but that got me to thinking about HDMI and a separate monitor just so I can avoid any potential for app crashes, which my stupid iPad does occasionally. I don't have problems with video lag, but I also don't fly all that far away (3000 ft is my farthest so far, and its usually less than 2000). Question, does the HDMI video out contain any telemetry? (Guessing not since that probably takes app input)
The thing that you would loose from not having the app is the ability to modify anything. Camera settings, any of the autonomous flight modes...

If there is an update, there is a reason! Either to add the good, or fix the bad. Either way, its kinda silly to NOT update. The few times that a few people have problems is in no way resembling the vast majority that aren't! There is ALWAYS room for a few peoples tablet/app combinations to conflict with the Go app. Inevitable, and hardly DJIs fault
You left out two more reasons for an update: to take away features they don't want us to have, or to impose restrictions upon us that we don't want to have! Those are the ones I worry about. :eek:

Reactions: skyhighdiver
37 flights and everything is flawless. Updated everything to the latest and greatest with no issues whatsoever. The naysayers are entertaining here though, blaming everything but themselves!
DJI- your the best!

My bit rate slider can only do either all the way up to 6 or all the way down to 2. No in between takes, the slider just goes to one end or the other. Is that typical?

You left out two more reasons for an update: to take away features they don't want us to have, or to impose restrictions upon us that we don't want to have! Those are the ones I worry about. :eek:
I suppose that's fair. But there are always 3rd party aps that don't have DJI restrictions. But they dont always have what DJI offers either. I use them all.

I just noticed a new app even though it has been out for a few days. So I have Mini 2 with 9.1. Some say its safe but some say to wait. What is the feeling now a few days later? If I wait, what am I waiting for?

....such & such testing is now complete.

Flew a short flight with the new Go app. And all worked well. Coming up on 300 miles with no issues at all [emoji4]

Reactions: snerd
Happy to say, it seems I've worked out all my previous glitches by updating the go app, updating my air2 to 9.1, choosing custom channel 20 and dropping bit rate down, and turning off video cache. No issues now, all things combined. I will try and turn video cache back on and see how it goes because I do like that feature.

Reactions: Duke007down
Just to let you guys know I just found out that "Format data recorder" option is missing. If you guys find anything else missing please update here.

I had issues with mine and figured them out. To me it was part of the fun, it ended up being caused by faulty 64gig cards sent as "Free" with my purchase from Drones Etc. I haven't called them yet because the 3 free cards aren't needed for anything. I had put the 1.3 update on the 16 gig card and the 1.4 on one of the 64gig faulty cards. I'm still running the 1.3 but that's because everything is running great. It took some work and messing around with everything, but that's how you learn your P3's in's & out's and for me, it is all part of the fun of using RC's. A little tweak here, a little tug there, until you get it working exactly how YOU want it... And then you tweak it some more :D

I can't get the app past the 4 initial steps described on the page after selecting Phantom type. the forth step is to backspace and select "camera."
The camera button doesn't get highlighted so I can't select it.
This is after about 15 tries with the Mini 2, if I use the iphone 6 I can click on camera but there is no connection to the Phantom.
I'm on day 3 of trying.
What OS is on the Mini2?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20