Any takers on the latest update of DJI GO App

I just finished a 20 minute flight no issues, and i found a way to draw your route on the map, is that smothing new, i never seen on the other

You know redhotpoker and 111% Streve... you two are two lucky DJI flyers. I wish I could fly the way you guys do with no problems. Do you not get what the issues are on this board... problems (o'yaw, I forgot, it is OP error, or it is no one else is having this problem). Do you not read the most read messages for the week??? Tons and tons of issues are problems!!! O'yaw, I forgot, it is OP error, or it is no one else is having this problem).

No issues all day... maybe it is because all have been burt to many times and are waiting for Micky to try it. I know I sure am!

P.S. If either of you have an financial interest in DJI... I think it should be known.

If there is an update, there is a reason! Either to add the good, or fix the bad. Either way, its kinda silly to NOT update. The few times that a few people have problems is in no way resembling the vast majority that aren't! There is ALWAYS room for a few peoples tablet/app combinations to conflict with the Go app. Inevitable, and hardly DJIs fault
Agree, if there is an update, I will go for it.

Only problem is that DJI remains SHY on telling about the fixes resolved through the release. I presume there are fixes this time too but not sure about them.

My only financial interest, is in not crashing my bird. Hahaha
That would be seriously considered financial irresponsibility, on my behalf. Totally!! ;-)
A few sets of carbon fiber rotor blades would be awesome, if they are reading this, request. For my ongoing positive reinforcement, of their stuff.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: rowdyjim
With all of these problems and issues (plus just knowing how to fly it)... wait until 8 year old Johnny gets a P3P for Christmas ... you had better be more concerned about DJI getting these problems fixed than crashing, if you want to continue flying.

PS I am sure you get plenty of props free from work.

Reactions: Poundofnuts
You know redhotpoker and 111% Streve... you two are two lucky DJI flyers. I wish I could fly the way you guys do with no problems. Do you not get what the issues are on this board... problems (o'yaw, I forgot, it is OP error, or it is no one else is having this problem). Do you not read the most read messages for the week??? Tons and tons of issues are problems!!! O'yaw, I forgot, it is OP error, or it is no one else is having this problem).

No issues all day... maybe it is because all have been burt to many times and are waiting for Micky to try it. I know I sure am!

P.S. If either of you have an financial interest in DJI... I think it should be known.
Well, harumph! I'm insulted you didn't include me in your list of happy flyers! 2 birds, over 300 miles flown, applied all updates, never a problem! Well, the VPS was a little wonky on one of them, but it was fixed next update. Sorry for all your troubles................ I don't get it either, but you're naturally going to see more complaints here, as the rest of us are out happily flying, not posting how great things are going after every flight.

You have to be kidding me? All day and only ONE other than redhotpoker and 111% Steve, out of 500+ are willing to tell the rest of us that that the new update works. It is so obvious that you two have some reason to promote DJI. Read this thread... read all of your other posts.

DJI - Fix the problems... or Drone flying could be grounded.

I have to agree with Cabin. This world here is very, very small. More people look at a thread than actually post to it. You only need to look at the tons of app ratings siting the problems, other forums, video comments at youtube. Many, many are grappling with real problems including me. App disconnects are ruining my plans for this bird. The BIRD is flying great. But the app disconnects are making flight for critical video further and further back from becoming a reality. Freakin shame man. I have high hopes that DJI will fix the problems, but I just don't know. The app disconnect issue has been reported way back from September.But, bring on more tunes for director. I don't get it.

You have to be kidding me? All day and only ONE other than redhotpoker and 111% Steve, out of 500+ are willing to tell the rest of us that that the new update works. It is so obvious that you two have some reason to promote DJI. Read this thread... read all of your other posts.

You can add me to the list.. Updated and no problems at all - never did. No I don't work for DJI either.
Why post when everything is fine? We're all out flying not posting

Not only, do we have to talk about problems and issues... HOW ABOUT customer service, repair service, documentation???

Pete... why are you reading this app like 100's of others are??? I think most avid flyers take the time to review the board. I just found some GREAT info today from ianwood on "compass calibration". So, I think think that most avid flyers frequent this site and the posts are... problem after problem.

I am glad the update works for you. I will wait until many others confirm your results before I update.

I hope you understand the big picture, I am stating

No issues all day... maybe it is because all have been burnt to many times and are waiting for Micky to try it. I know I sure am!

Cabin .. FYI no-one here has any financial interest in DJI or a reason to promote them but there are plenty of happy fliers that think DJI make some great products and are happy to say so.
There are also plenty of people that get a kick out of bagging DJI whether for real or imagined issues.
Most issues are operator misunderstanding or poor tablet configuration and most fliers have a relatively trouble free time despite your perceptions.
I've been happily flying a P3 since they were released with no dramas.
I just flew 7 missions 1.3 kilometres out into the Southern Ocean and because of the way my bird has handled since new, I have confidence that she will do what's asked of it and come back safe on flights like this.
366-415a-X2.jpg

emot-cop.gif
Lets reel it in a bit here guys. Warnings go out to the next person I have to delete a post from in this thread.

And for the record, DJI software is not perfect, no ones is. There have been many issues in the past with various firmwares & apps. The P2 Ground Station app has been busted since iOS9 came out and now the PC version will cease to exist next month. There is suppose to be a fix in the works for the iOS version but as far as I know it's not done yet. The P2 had many issues with firmware, and so on. It's a fact of life when dealing with software, there are always hidden bugs to squash. Just because you have no issues doesn't mean nobody has issues.

PS - AWESOME pic Meta! :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Meta4... where are the happy flyers??? O' yaw I remember... they don't read the BB if they are happy??? I was just laughing at the posts on the front page;

Power Loss
Discounted offer from DJI for flyaway
Forced - Happy Landing - Why Was I Not Able To Cancel Auto Landing?
Freaky day in the skies
DJI: New P3A Purchaser AFRAID to Fly!
Help with Phantom 3 SD card reader
Compass Error - Near Disaster
Regular brief video break-ups normal?

Do you not read you own BB? Do you not understand the BIG problem?

Reactions: Mike Mauk and eBird
Luvmytj, I hope you are not taking about me. I still don't think you understand my point, there currently are tons and tons of problems that are not being addressed by DJI and when there are going to be 1,000's of 8 kids with a P3 for Christmas and DJI won't acknowledge or fix current problems with avid flyers, there are going to be a lot of problems for the flying community... I think drones will be grounded.

Meta4, awesome pic man.

Okay, so I had nothing to lose by doing some things with this. Earlier tonight I flew on the go app version two revs behind this one and my Air2 was on 8.1, new out of the box about a month ago. That alone bugged the crap out of me. And the flight had two app disconnects, one on the ground before take off and one when I brought the bird down to land. I have been plagued with this from the beginning- a month ago- but it behaved more than not until recently getting more nasty. I also knew something was up because the simulator was buggy too in a number of ways, not behaving well. So, with nothing to lose and everything to gain I bumped up the Air2 to 9.1. Then I deleted the go app and this time instead of getting it from the app store I downloaded it right from DJI. All went well. I can't fly it yet but things have already greatly improved, even running through stuff on the ground. The simulator is behaving perfectly with no app crashes during anything I was doing, including all F mode flights. Previously it actually crashed the ipad and rebooted it once. After checking that all my settings are where I want them, all looks great. Even the maps are cached and keep showing perfectly now when I close out and go back in, even in airplane mode. I was on the system for a good 20 minutes and previously, it would have disconnected. I also like the layout of the new go app version better, although being two revs behind the rest of you, it may not be new to you. But I definitely prefer it better now- more professional looking and some things are actually easier to just read and get to. The only thing I have not done yet is update the controller. That one I'm gonna wait on, just to see if everything has settled down now and I can just enjoy flying.

So, I hope this is a good sign. The refresh of the ipad and go app are behaving properly so far...on the ground, lol. To the air tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Meta4... where are the happy flyers??? O' yaw I remember... they don't read the BB if they are happy??? I was just laughing at the posts on the front page;

I am a happy flier like thousands out there who do not subscribe to the forum.

People normally only post when they have issues or questions.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav