Any one else Pissed off with DJI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you hold the sticks down immediately on landing? I always shut them off as soon as it comes to a stop if I land on the ground. Your vid showed a good landing but then spun back up... are you saying it is spinning up on it's own after a successful landing with no throttle changes or input from you?

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Khudson7 said:
LuvMyTJ said:
From what I gather he updated it to v3.0. After that, he feels the settings were changed (gains,etc.) by the update he installed.

I have seen videos of bouncing landings but they were RTH landings. Some would bounce over & over again. I didn't know this has also occurred on normal, user guided landings. I usually just hover and pluck it out of the sky by hand.

+1...first two flights I destroyed both sets of blades that came with it in landing(my fault, being new at it) so from that point on, I too pluck it out of the sky by hand. Haven't broken a blade since.

After re-reading his complaint(I am assuming english is not his native tongue) he seems to be blaming his upgrade to version 3 for all his new problems. And I guess through his anger, was not able to convince DJI the software upgrade was the root of his new problems.

I have read here, of some upgrading to ver. 3 without problems, and others have had problems. He may be one with problems. In my case, I am holding off on this upgrade until I see more people having success with it.

English is my native tongue how rude. Through my anger not able to convince DJI ? They have just passed it on to china and I have not heard anything else since. They not professional at all. The Firmware was supposed to sort things out. But it has not. End Off

I really don't think that poster was trying to be rude, not everyone on this forum speaks English, and he was reminding others of that. I believe the message was "go easy guys, he may not speak english" or that's how I read it.

As for you, I think you need to calm down, and compose your thoughts, because you're not being well understood.

Then I think you need to buy some new props.

Thanks CarlJ, that was exactly my intent. I sincerely apologize to the op if I jumped to a wrong conclusion. I meant no offence. I did not believe the op was expressing himself very well, perhaps because of the anger involved and I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

If you think that ver. 3 is causing all your problems, them maybe you could try reverting back to ver. 2 and wait for DJI to clean up their latest version. I totally agree with you that it appears the newest version based on what others have reported, seems to be buggy for some people(and I know some others have reported no problems with it).

Anyway, I hope you are able to work it out. And as CarlJ said, just buy some new props(it is cheaper than litigation).

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
OI Photography said:
The Phantom was flying fine until you made changes and had an accident, but you feel the firmware is the issue? It doesn't sound like you changed the firmware before this happened, so that can't be the cause of your problem...firmware doesn't change from working to not working without a manual upgrade.

Replacement props are cheap, and are expected to need to be replaced now and then regardless of how well the Phantom is/isn't flying.

The phantom has always had the bounce and taking off after landing ever since I got it, I noticed it the first time I flew it. I got around this issue by shutting of the motors straight away like every one else.After upgrading the firmware to something that is supposed to have fixed it , I tested to see if it had and let it do its thing after landing and it crashed. This is not my fault.

Ok, so you had the problem all along and believed that 3.0 would solve it, based on what DJI included in their update notes for it.

My guess is that the problem you're referring to that they addressed with 3.0 isn't caused by the same things as what you were experiencing, even though the symptoms my have been similar. What props were you using, the plain white stock DJI model?

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
I added my fpv myself.

Tell us more about that. Which model Phantom and what frequency does your FPV use? 2.4 or 5.8?

AmosMoses said:
It looks to me like instead of holding the left stick down until the motors stopped, you tried to manually turn the phantom off?
How is this the fault of dji??

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Manually turn it of how I was no where near it, I can not understand how people find it so hard to get , the phantom when landed is supposed to go into a state like after initial motor start up spinning but not going up, this is what the firm ware was supposed to fix. How is it so hard to grasp >>?

LuvMyTJ said:
Do you hold the sticks down immediately on landing? I always shut them off as soon as it comes to a stop if I land on the ground. Your vid showed a good landing but then spun back up... are you saying it is spinning up on it's own after a successful landing with no throttle changes or input from you?
yeah that's always done this from the get go i normally land and cut the motors of perfect every time, this time because the firmware is supposed to stop this from happening i let it see if it had and it hasn't i am so grateful for you and your understanding.

CarlJ said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Khudson7 said:
English is my native tongue how rude. Through my anger not able to convince DJI ? They have just passed it on to china and I have not heard anything else since. They not professional at all. The Firmware was supposed to sort things out. But it has not. End Off

I really don't think that poster was trying to be rude, not everyone on this forum speaks English, and he was reminding others of that. I believe the message was "go easy guys, he may not speak english" or that's how I read it.

As for you, I think you need to calm down, and compose your thoughts, because you're not being well understood.

Then I think you need to buy some new props.
lol thanks for making my laugh, just some people in this community can be right pompous pricks thinking they no it all when they really don't that is all. had my phantom a good few months and already met my fair share of *** holes , but on the other hand you do find some people who understand and care which i am grateful of.

OI Photography said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
OI Photography said:
The Phantom was flying fine until you made changes and had an accident, but you feel the firmware is the issue? It doesn't sound like you changed the firmware before this happened, so that can't be the cause of your problem...firmware doesn't change from working to not working without a manual upgrade.

Replacement props are cheap, and are expected to need to be replaced now and then regardless of how well the Phantom is/isn't flying.

The phantom has always had the bounce and taking off after landing ever since I got it, I noticed it the first time I flew it. I got around this issue by shutting of the motors straight away like every one else.After upgrading the firmware to something that is supposed to have fixed it , I tested to see if it had and let it do its thing after landing and it crashed. This is not my fault.

Ok, so you had the problem all along and believed that 3.0 would solve it, based on what DJI included in their update notes for it.

My guess is that the problem you're referring to that they addressed with 3.0 isn't caused by the same things as what you were experiencing, even though the symptoms my have been similar. What props were you using, the plain white stock DJI model?

This is from the release notes from the firmware update 2.0

Main Controller Firmware
7. Fixed the bouncing problems after landed. THIS ONE

Thats what has not been fixed its there plain and simple, It needs to be addressed and they need to be held responsible, I am not risking over £1000 worth of equipment on something this un reliable and I am not just referring to the Phantom i am referring to dji as a company. We are way into the second month of me telling them of this issue and still no reply just only we sending my query to china what is so different about china to Europe hq they full of **** they know they got an unstable **** product and they have no answers.

darwin-t said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
I added my fpv myself.

Tell us more about that. Which model Phantom and what frequency does your FPV use? 2.4 or 5.8?
Mines a phantom 2 with gimbal. my fpv is fat sharks immersion 5.8ghz, with dji osd mini

LuvMyTJ said:
The bouncing that refers to looks like this video. Is this what your getting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaO-CGEy688

+1

As mentioned, I don't believe the problem DJI addressed in that firmware is the one you're experiencing (based on your description), but you're determined that it is. Can you provide any video of the behavior you're thinking should be cleared up?

OI Photography said:
As mentioned, I don't believe the problem DJI addressed in that firmware is the one you're experiencing (based on your description), but you're determined that it is. Can you provide any video of the behavior you're thinking should be cleared up?
His issue seems different from the video. He posted this a someplace here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didAxu825lE

OI Photography said:
LuvMyTJ said:
The bouncing that refers to looks like this video. Is this what your getting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaO-CGEy688

+1

This is the example video posted earlier. This looks like pilot error i.e not doing a CSC after landing vs. bouncing during auto-land.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didAxu825lE[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj