Any one else Pissed off with DJI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there ,

I was just wondering if there is any one else otu there that thinks DJI are a complete waste of time and money ? I have had firmware problems with my DJI and now have no props to fly it and all DJI have said is they will forward it to China and this was over a month ago i have emailed them asking what is going on even said i am going to trading standards with no reply or help or solution its a disgrace. Not professional at all I just want a full refund from them as spending over £1000 on something thats not even flying how its supposed to and crashes its self is a liability and should not be happening i never knew the phantoms were a laughing stock to the quad copter community until I owned one. I bruaght up what was going on with my phantom with a supplier who I got my fpv gear off and they basically laughed and said I will not get any where with DJI at all, which I found weird as I would never sell a product with this bad after carte with it no way. I now have a Phantom " I cant fly to lack of blades due to the firmware not fixings things it said it has and to be honest I have lost all trust in the product and company. Still waiting for a reply from all mighty China..... Over a month ago I have emailed them a few times in between no reply. DJI is a joke. I will be reporting this and demanding a full refund. Does any one else fill the same way ? Had same response from them ?. Any info on what to do or an English number i can call them on would be helpful thanks

A very strange issue as I'm finding it hard to understand how a firmware upgrade causes problems with the props, or do you mean the rotation of the motors?

When you did the upgrade did you install the Phantom definition and select the correct orientation, cross orientation as opposed to a plus orientation? This would cause the motors to spin incorrectly.

I too am finding it next to impossible to get any kind of support from DJI. At the beginning of April they released new software for the Datalink Groundstation that prevents it's use within five miles of an airport, in my case Leeds and Bradford Airport. In their video announcement they advised that if we had any issues we should contact DJI at "[email protected]". This I promptly did and have done a further three times since and not received any kind of acknowledgement. I also emailed DJI Europe, no response. I posted my questions on the DJI Global Facebook page where they were deleted within minutes. The only response I've received so far was from DJI HQ where they informed me they were all on holiday and there was no one available to answer my questions.

DJI do make some very nice hardware but because their flight controllers and other hardware are closed source they are the only ones who can address my issues. I have since swapped out my Groundstation and Naza Flight Controller in favour of the APM 2.5 with a UHF Mavlink interface.

I do hope you get a favourable solution from DJI as it's bad enough that in the UK our weather prevents us from flying on top of everything else

Regards

Nidge

Most RC's and especially RC's that fly are not exactly ready to fly out of the box and they are not for everyone. They do take a lot of learning to pilot one successfully. Traditionally, RC hobbyist are expecting to assemble a few things (or everything) and figure things out on they're own. With the lower cost & popularity of these flying machines more people outside the traditional hobbyist have come into the hobby expecting everything to be push button ready and that is simply not the case. Lots or learning and experience is needed and even then mishaps happen. Props should be considered a consumable item on these along with batteries. Expect to buy more, especially if it takes you a bit to get the hang of things.

But I digress, lets get back to your issues. Please give us more details...
Have you ever had a rotor driven RC in the past?
Did it ever fly good for you or has this been since day one?
What is the prop issue? Did you break them all trying to fly?
Did you purchase directly through DJI or an affiliate?

thanks for reply. I bruaght it through a supplier not manufacture brand new. I have flown it perfect loads and had it flying like a dream was confident with it and all was good I added my fpv myself. then i updated and it sent my DJI gains all over the place as i had previously sorted them out and now it reset them so had to reset them myself to how they shipped to me in. my issue is when you land the phantom it takes of again on its own and crashes and bounces if you do nothing now the 3.0 says it stops this but it had not and mine crashed and destroyed my last set of blades . (my first set got broke as i reconnected a wire the wrong way on the controller when I installed the fpv it made it back flip on take off) but that is not the point this firm ware upgrade said it sorted things out but it has not and mine crashed because of it I am sorry its just too much money for me to just have it destroying itself as doggy firmware is not working .. I am only holding on to it as got it to use in a film I am making in my local shopping mall that is the only reason I have not sold it yet..... I am extremely pissed of with dji I have gave them 14 days to respond other wise ill take legal action. I took it out twice with the fpv both times its crashed first time my fault I admit it second time after updates and its their fault i have told them its left me with no blades to fly it and still they do not give a **** they are extremely over priced i would say no more than £150 for the lot its a rip off especially not working how its supposed to and how unpredictable they are and unreliable just really annoyed with them ok i understand these things happen but to be treated like this is a joke and not fair at all

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
thanks for reply. I bruaght it through a supplier not manufacture brand new. I have flown it perfect loads and had it flying like a dream was confident with it and all was good I added my fpv myself. then i updated and it sent my DJI gains all over the place as i had previously sorted them out and now it reset them so had to reset them myself to how they shipped to me in. my issue is when you land the phantom it takes of again on its own and crashes and bounces if you do nothing now the 3.0 says it stops this but it had not and mine crashed and destroyed my last set of blades . (my first set got broke as i reconnected a wire the wrong way on the controller when I installed the fpv it made it back flip on take off) but that is not the point this firm ware upgrade said it sorted things out but it has not and mine crashed because of it I am sorry its just too much money for me to just have it destroying itself as doggy firmware is not working .. I am only holding on to it as got it to use in a film I am making in my local shopping mall that is the only reason I have not sold it yet..... I am extremely pissed of with dji I have gave them 14 days to respond other wise ill take legal action. I took it out twice with the fpv both times its crashed first time my fault I admit it second time after updates and its their fault i have told them its left me with no blades to fly it and still they do not give a **** they are extremely over priced i would say no more than £150 for the lot its a rip off especially not working how its supposed to and how unpredictable they are and unreliable just really annoyed with them ok i understand these things happen but to be treated like this is a joke and not fair at all

Paragraphs are a good thing.

Blaming a manufacturer for your many mistakes is a curious thing.

Reactions: MikeK
The Phantom was flying fine until you made changes and had an accident, but you feel the firmware is the issue? It doesn't sound like you changed the firmware before this happened, so that can't be the cause of your problem...firmware doesn't change from working to not working without a manual upgrade.

Replacement props are cheap, and are expected to need to be replaced now and then regardless of how well the Phantom is/isn't flying.

From what I gather he updated it to v3.0. After that, he feels the settings were changed (gains,etc.) by the update he installed.

I have seen videos of bouncing landings but they were RTH landings. Some would bounce over & over again. I didn't know this has also occurred on normal, user guided landings. I usually just hover and pluck it out of the sky by hand.

I don't get it? It flew fine you hooked up , shorted something out , crashed it, messed with the gains wich are fine stock. Busted up some props and now you want dji to send you props ? A whole refund ? 3.00 works fine. did you put props on wrong ? I know with my original p1 I put the props on wrong and it flipped over on me.
Why would DJI even listen to you after all you did to it ?

Based on my independent survey, you're the only one pissed at DJI

LuvMyTJ said:
From what I gather he updated it to v3.0. After that, he feels the settings were changed (gains,etc.) by the update he installed.

I have seen videos of bouncing landings but they were RTH landings. Some would bounce over & over again. I didn't know this has also occurred on normal, user guided landings. I usually just hover and pluck it out of the sky by hand.

It's hard to tell...I read it to mean that he'd been having the problem before and expected the release of 3.0 to rectify the issue. I can't say for sure though lol.

LuvMyTJ said:

+1...first two flights I destroyed both sets of blades that came with it in landing(my fault, being new at it) so from that point on, I too pluck it out of the sky by hand. Haven't broken a blade since.

After re-reading his complaint(I am assuming english is not his native tongue) he seems to be blaming his upgrade to version 3 for all his new problems. And I guess through his anger, was not able to convince DJI the software upgrade was the root of his new problems.

I have read here, of some upgrading to ver. 3 without problems, and others have had problems. He may be one with problems. In my case, I am holding off on this upgrade until I see more people having success with it.

When I land my P2 it bounced a bit so I've taken it as a challenge to my ability to fly properly. I started playing with how I land it and found it's all about finesse. It's my opinion it doesn't "want" to land but is being commanded to if that makes sense. It wants to hover the minute you spool up the motors past startup idle.

What I do is bring it down slowly once it hits about 6 ft from the ground and the step it down from about 3 ft above ground to almost a hover a few inches before landing then land it and hold the power completely down until it's settled. This has pretty much reduced my bouncing. One thing I have noticed though is if there's a wind the P2 is trying to hold position while you're telling it to drop power, kind of at cross odds with what you want it to do.
Hope this makes sense? :)

I guess its a bit OT, but I just don't understand how people have issues with landing.

Is it just the lack of patience?
When I get a foot or so from the ground, I lower it VERY slowly. Never had a problem.

panhygrous pantler said:
Paragraphs are a good thing.

Blaming a manufacturer for your many mistakes is a curious thing.

My many mistakes ? what one ? That has been sorted now ?

Unlike the firmware updates that are useless and coursing more problems than sorting out. That was one big paragraph. Get over it.

OI Photography said:
The Phantom was flying fine until you made changes and had an accident, but you feel the firmware is the issue? It doesn't sound like you changed the firmware before this happened, so that can't be the cause of your problem...firmware doesn't change from working to not working without a manual upgrade.

Replacement props are cheap, and are expected to need to be replaced now and then regardless of how well the Phantom is/isn't flying.

The phantom has always had the bounce and taking off after landing ever since I got it, I noticed it the first time I flew it. I got around this issue by shutting of the motors straight away like every one else.After upgrading the firmware to something that is supposed to have fixed it , I tested to see if it had and let it do its thing after landing and it crashed. This is not my fault.

Mori55 said:
I don't get it? It flew fine you hooked up , shorted something out , crashed it, messed with the gains wich are fine stock. Busted up some props and now you want dji to send you props ? A whole refund ? 3.00 works fine. did you put props on wrong ? I know with my original p1 I put the props on wrong and it flipped over on me.
Why would DJI even listen to you after all you did to it ?

Right here goes..............

I got the phantom flew it landed realised the thing has a mind of its own after landing (bounce effect) got around this by shutting off motors asap and never had a problem with it. I adjusted my gains as my phantom flew on the wonk ever since I got it out of the box it was of centred to the right, I sorted this out by adjusting the basic gain. All was well. I then upgraded the firmware and this reset all the gains its self so all the changes I had made have now gone the other way ie I made a minus 20 its now plus 20 so it tilting the other way. I added the fpv but when I did this I removed a wire and put it back in upside down as this is the way the grooves went. on take off the phantom flipped out and took out my first set of blades ... I take full responsibility for this and have sorted out the problem. Upgraded to 2.0 as this said it sorts out the bouncing effect and so on.I then took it out again after sorting it out flew it ok. Still not sorted out the gains yet though as 2.0 effected them also. When I landed it I slowed the motors right down and left it to see it then bounced and crashed taking out the blades . This is not expectable at all. this is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didAxu825lE

I like how patronising you can be but I know I am not stupid, I know my rights as a consumer. If they say something is fixed it should be.

Khudson7 said:
LuvMyTJ said:

+1...first two flights I destroyed both sets of blades that came with it in landing(my fault, being new at it) so from that point on, I too pluck it out of the sky by hand. Haven't broken a blade since.

After re-reading his complaint(I am assuming english is not his native tongue) he seems to be blaming his upgrade to version 3 for all his new problems. And I guess through his anger, was not able to convince DJI the software upgrade was the root of his new problems.

I have read here, of some upgrading to ver. 3 without problems, and others have had problems. He may be one with problems. In my case, I am holding off on this upgrade until I see more people having success with it.

English is my native tongue how rude. Through my anger not able to convince DJI ? They have just passed it on to china and I have not heard anything else since. They not professional at all. The Firmware was supposed to sort things out. But it has not. End Off

It looks to me like instead of holding the left stick down until the motors stopped, you tried to manually turn the phantom off?
How is this the fault of dji??

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

dragonash said:
I guess its a bit OT, but I just don't understand how people have issues with landing.

Is it just the lack of patience?
When I get a foot or so from the ground, I lower it VERY slowly. Never had a problem.

I have never had a problem with landing never crashed it on landing . Only time I have crashed on landing is after i landed and was testing to see if the firmware had worked which it had not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers