Any nexus 7 users?

Thanks for the reply. But I'm still wondering if I get the Nexus seven first-generation tablet to work somehow, or get it fixed can it be used for my P3P? Does anyone out there know of anyone that uses a first GEN Nexus seven tablet for their Phantom? I'm just wondering if it's worth getting fixed. Don't want to waste money on a tablet that isn't going to work anyway. And let me be clear, The tablet is not going to have anything on it except for the DJI GO app and A third-party app that works well with android products. I have a iPad mini 3 cellular&wifi and I love it. Not sure what to do. I have also seen on this forum people using a lot less powerful tablets or phones for that matter to run there phantoms. Take for instance people are using insignia flex tablets to use with their phantoms. I have an insignia tablet and I can tell you right out of the box it is a lot slower, heavier, and in my opinion the screen doesn't look nearly as good as the GEN one nexus seven tablet.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for that Steve. Are you using Gen 1 Nexus 7???

I use one (2013 model). It was ahead of its time.... still a very good tablet with plenty of power to run the Go app. Oh, and the screen is still superior to much of what is being produced today.
Do you need an extender.

Nexus 7 2013 Do you need an extender. Also is there a good case that works with remote. What sun shade is best . I just ordered one.N7,13

Thanks for the reply. But I'm still wondering if I get the Nexus seven first-generation tablet to work somehow, or get it fixed can it be used for my P3P

The thing about the original Nexus 7 is that it had an underpowered processor in the Tegra3 running at 1.2ghz and only 1gb ram. The 2013 version upgraded to that chip and added another gig of ram (2gb total), making it much more capable of doing advanced processing which the DJI go app needs. Think of how much ram it would take to help process the realtime streaming video coming through the app. That's not trivial and the higher specs help .. The original nexus is just too underpowered to run the app and do what it needs. I'd go find a different tablet which will work better.

Got my Nexus 7 2013 model at Micro Center Electronics for $99.95. 16 gauge total storage with 2 gig ram. 720 HD resolution. Works fantastic. They have fairly good prices on the DJI replacement parts.

I had the nexus 7 and it was no good at all, just wouldn't connect.

I think you're gonna have to bite the bullet and get a newer 7. You won't be sorry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20