ANY INTEREST IN DIY TABLET MOUNTING ON P3 STD RC

Reaction score
As the title implies, I'm in the process of building my "DIY" version of a tablet mount for using a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 using various parts from eBay/B&H Photo and left over GoPro parts. but this also works for a 10" tablet...........Let me know and I'll start clicking off some pics as I go.....

Did you consider using the DJI mount? You can see how I attached that mount to my P3S remote controller here.

P3S-0046s.jpg

Yes I did, but I don't like the sloppy side to side motion you get when a heavier tablet is mounted high off the RC. I'm gonna hit from a totally different approach, much more rigidity and clears all the control nicely.

I don't like the sloppy side to side motion you get when a heavier tablet is mounted high off the RC
Me neither. That's why I used the DJI mount with the metal bracket. It's rock solid (even when using large tablets).

Interested to see what you come up with. If you have access to a 3D printer, there are some pretty good designs out there that maybe you could improve on.

The DJI Display Holder still relies on a small foot print in it's attachment point (exception being the larger threaded washer). Let me just start out with where I'm currently at in my project and I'll add on as I go, as I still have a few parts in the mail.

First off, establish the area to be worked:

Explanation of what I'm going and why:

Sanding:

Now remove all dust and apply 3M Ahesive Promoter to achieve the tightest/strongest bonds:

Now remove the red plastic cover from the adhesive pad on the GoPro curved mount and apply to RC as laid out above:

Apply downward pressure to ensure a good bond between the two parts.

Allow the adhesive to set at room temperature ( I did over night).

Now install the "J" bracket into the mount on the RC and lock in place:

This is where I need to stop until my other parts arrive with in a week.

Thanks

The DJI Display Holder still relies on a small foot print in it's attachment point
Agreed. It somehow works just fine though. Give it a try sometime if you ever have the chance to use one of the newer DJI remote controllers. Good luck with your project.

Reactions: Oso
Agreed. It somehow works just fine though. Give it a try sometime if you ever have the chance to use one of the newer DJI remote controllers. Good luck with your project.

Thank you..........:)

Ok, more parts came in so it's onward with this project.................

THIS IS THE MOUNT I BOUGHT OFF EBAY ($12.00) AND IT DID FIT MY GALAXY TAB PRO NICELY. THE ADVANTAGE OF THIS MOUNT IS THAT IT DOESN'T BLOCK ANY OF THE CONTROLS NEAR THE TOP MOUNT (ON-OFF, VOLUME)

THE BACK OF THE MOUNT CAME WITH A WALL MOUNT ATTACHED, REMOVE AND DISCARD.

YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE RUBBER PAD THAT'S COVERING THE SCREWS AS YOU
MUST LOOSEN OR REMOVE THE TOP 4 SCREWS TO ALLOW THE TOP HOOK/MOUNT TO BE
REMOVED FROM THE UNIT. FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO MOD THE MOUNT AND REINSTALL.

FINISHED VIEW OF THE TABLET MOUNT, STILL NEEDS SOME RUBBER OR FOAM ON THE
BACK SIDE. AS AN OPTION I INJECTED EPOXY INTO THE MOUNT TO LOCK THE BOTTOM
ARMS IN POSITION SINCE THIS IS THE ONLY THING IT'LL BE USED FOR.

REMAINDER OF MY MOUNT PIECES ARE SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE TODAY, IF THAT HAPPENS I'LL FOLLOW UP MONDAY AND WRAP THIS PROJECT UP

THE FINAL FEW PARTS ARRIVED AND THIS PROJECT IS NOW DONE.....................

ASSEMBLED REAR VIEW

FINISHED MOUNT, EASY ACCESS & VISABILITY TO ALL CONTROLS.......................

Reactions: Zwhitz
Great idea and write up. Really a smart idea, id just put a small screw through the middle of the gopro mount for safety. The gopro adhesive is designed to hold a gopro; and its weight, not a tablet.

Great idea and write up. Really a smart idea, id just put a small screw through the middle of the gopro mount for safety. The gopro adhesive is designed to hold a gopro; and its weight, not a tablet.

When using any 3M adhesive mount, you can strengthen its bond by using the "3M ADHESIVE PROMOTER". I guarantee that you won't be in danger of mounting a 10" Tablet nor will you ever be able to remove the bonded materials.

impressive now you need to make a hood great job

I did make a "HOOD" out of some .03 aluminum sheet attached w/3M Auto Trim Adhesive Tape . Windowed all the areas that needed openings for sound or plugs. I just forgot to post the photo. I'll post that later this morning.........

Here ya go..............

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl