Any home brewers here?

Reaction score
hello,
Just wondering if any of you dabble in Home brewing?

I just recently bought a still, and am working on my first batch of mash, going for corn whiskey or shine!

Just wanted to chat with any fellow home brewers for hints and tricks!

My first batch will become apple pie shine,
First batch will be for tails mostly, second real batch, will be apple pie!

Any of you have any good recipes, or ideas for recipes? I'd love to hear from you! I'm following Popcorn Sutton ( now gone ), but love his style!

I bought a stove top style still, but will build a wood burning large model soon! Mine is 8 gallon size, will build a 50-100 gallon one eventually!

I would like to do shine, whiskey, and brandy!
If you'd like to chat or talk recipes, or whatever!
I'd love to chat!

Sorry I know this is not DJI talk, but is and always has been a dream of mine, as I come from a long line of Tennessee/Carolina shiners, art lost with my father, and uncles ( now all passed ) , time to bring it back!:)

J Dot
:cool:

Rig: 8 gallon pot , thumper keg, and worm!
Fermentation buoy, airlock, and bung, hydrometer ( percent and volume alcohol )
Filters, pump, and the good ole' 110 yeti, supplying my ice cold water to cool the worm!
( working on a proof barrel, but still looking, as I'd like to find an old whiskey drum, or other wood drum for this! )
Right now
I'm On my 3rd day of fermentation process:
( sweet corn, yellow corn malt, sugar, water, distillers yeast )! Can't wait! Once I have my first tails, I'll start with some fun flavors in the thumper keg!;)

No one?
Lol
Here is a sketch I did of what I ultimately want!
IMG_1414.JPG

J Dot

My brother to the north makes grape, and strawberry wine! Pretty decent, I'm not a wine guy, by no means, but not bad at all! ( no headache at least ):)
Thank you, I will let you know how it goes!

J Dot

I would favour an electric element as the heat source, open flame is too risky for my liking. I like reflux stills through, 90%+ ethanol and fire are a bad combination.

I would favour an electric element as the heat source, open flame is too risky for my liking. I like reflux stills through, 90%+ ethanol and fire are a bad combination.

Yes
Agreed, open flame can be quite dangerous if a leak occurs, induction is best for beginners!

Going to try some brandies , and run, I found some great looking recipes, from a local here!
He brews beer mostly, but sent a couple liquor recipes my way!:)

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl