Antenna upgrade.

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their antennas?
The YouTube video on this will NOT work on any of my 3 P2's. The connectors on mine are glued to the circuit boards ( both drone and controller ) and you risk damage to the boards if you disconnect it. The connectors are tiny and flimsy and dont snap together.
Has anyone just spliced the antenna wire? The center conductor is tiny but I think it is doable. Thanks, G.G.

Any attempt to splice that coax will result in additional losses and worse performance.

Your better off to try a windsurfer type add-on. This is a parabolic reflector which will achieve gain by making your controller signal more directional. As a result you must maintain a good sense of where the drone is for best signal reception.

My P2 is a non-vision type. I replaced my Tx/Rx with a Futaba 10ch about 4 years ago.

Good information, thanks. I have a Surfer. This application is for surveillance of a large piece of property and I am trying to stretch things. If I may ask, what is the range of a Futaba under ideal conditions and is the Drone conversion straightforward? Thanks.

I cannot attest to max. range as I never fly beyond VLOS because I fly my P2 for sport hence buying the NV one (no GoPro, gimbal, etc).

The conversion is a matter of replacing the receiver in the drone and programming the Tx. It's a T10J for reference.

Anytime.

Good luck to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31