Antenna type and distance achieved

mr_3_0_5 said:
mmotown said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
At this point I don't think you need to change your tx antenna
I have used the stock rubber sucky antenna on the tx and still can get to 3000 ft without a problem
You would need to upgrade your wifi antenna or keep the 9 dbi panel you have and add a pinwheel to the pv2

Ok so if I continue to use the 9dbi panel and I want to achieve longer FPV, then I need to add a pinwheel to the PV2 which would be the camera mod.

&

If I don't want to use the 9dbi panel then I need to upgrade my WiFi ant which would be the 2.4ghz LHCP Parasitic disk helix for $84.00 which Fpvlr states needs to be flown sideways which if that is the case, I don't care to do that. I might as well just make the camera mod.

So if I don't need to upgrade my tx ant, I am stuck on which stand alone ant to get for the wifi and not add anything else.

I apologize that I have hijacked the end of this thread with my questions fellas :oops:

If you don't want to mod the camera I'd get the same antenna I'm using
2.4g LHCP helical from fpvlr I have tested it several times and it's consistent with 3000 or more ft
Keep in mind your distance may vary but it has done so consistently for me

Thanks Mr305. That's what I will order for now! I am giving this thread back to you guys now ;)

Fpvlr just made my purchase (Warren W). I will eventually make the camera mod and I appreciate everyone's help and thanks again Mr305!

ok ok i'm so exited, i just got my new antennas directly from Tony's (FPVLR) hands, i must say he's a really nice guy, he showed me his work place, machines and the process of how he built the antennas, he told me that he test each single antenna he makes not just like a random chinese manufacturer, so don't worry guys quality and performance with FPLVR antennas are guaranteed. said that, i continue with my experience with the new antennas, well i think a picture worth more than words :lol: oh just in case, i was standing in the same spot with both antennas (right under a power line outside my house) i must say too that between the P2V and me was another power line from the street lights and lots of wifi signals around. i took the same route in both tests. old antenna (TP-LINK TL-ANT2409A) new antenna (2.4 GHz LHCP Parasitic disk helix) P2V stock for now. results :

note: please read description of each photo, do not get confused.

Thank you so much Tony, see you soon for the 5.8 ghz antennas :D

Attachments

• IMG_2638.PNG
    IMG_2638.PNG
    374.2 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_2641.PNG
    IMG_2641.PNG
    343.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_2645.JPG
    IMG_2645.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 362
i will install this new 2dBi Phantom Pinwheel LHCP from FPVLR in the P2V tomorrow :twisted: lets see how far i can go tomorrow :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks TONY!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 388
rofd said:
ok ok i'm so exited, i just got my new antennas directly from Tony's (FPVLR) hands, i must say he's a really nice guy, he showed me his work place, machines and the process of how he built the antennas, he told me that he test each single antenna he makes not just like a random chinese manufacturer, so don't worry guys quality and performance with FPLVR antennas are guaranteed. said that, i continue with my experience with the new antennas, well i think a picture worth more than words :lol: oh just in case, i was standing in the same spot with both antennas (right under a power cable outside my house) i must say too that between the P2V and me was another power cable from the street lights and lots of wifi signals around. i took the same route in both tests. old antenna (TP-LINK TL-ANT2409A) new antenna (2.4 GHz LHCP Parasitic disk helix) P2V stock for now. results :

you lost control signal not video correct? Your new antenna is on the eXtender. do you have antennas on the copter as well. BTW: they look sweet.

Skipholiday said:
rofd said:
ok ok i'm so exited, i just got my new antennas directly from Tony's (FPVLR) hands, i must say he's a really nice guy, he showed me his work place, machines and the process of how he built the antennas, he told me that he test each single antenna he makes not just like a random chinese manufacturer, so don't worry guys quality and performance with FPLVR antennas are guaranteed. said that, i continue with my experience with the new antennas, well i think a picture worth more than words :lol: oh just in case, i was standing in the same spot with both antennas (right under a power cable outside my house) i must say too that between the P2V and me was another power cable from the street lights and lots of wifi signals around. i took the same route in both tests. old antenna (TP-LINK TL-ANT2409A) new antenna (2.4 GHz LHCP Parasitic disk helix) P2V stock for now. results :

you lost control signal not video correct? Your new antenna is on the eXtender. do you have antennas on the copter as well. BTW: they look sweet.

actually i lost everything at that exact point i don't know why, video was clear at maximum resolution, never happened before because usually video quality decrees and then i lose video signal, but quickly after that screen shot the video returned showing "RETURNING HOME" message. i think, maybe that happened because of power lines from the street lights. (i surrounded by them :evil: )

indeed powerlines will affect it. My worse flight yet was near powerlines and I thought I lost my Phantom less than 500 feet away. It kept flying till I lost it behind trees. ( I had no control and no video) Next thing I hear the little dude buzzing and RTH was activated. Then my heart restarted :)
rofd said:
Skipholiday said:
rofd said:

actually i lost everything at that exact point i don't know why, video was clear at maximum resolution, never happened before because usually video quality decrees and then i lose video signal, but quickly after that screen shot the video returned showing "RETURNING HOME" message. i think, maybe that happened because of power lines from the street lights. (i surrounded by them :evil: )

as a comparison i can say , when i was flying with the old antenna (TP-LINK) at the park i was getting about 1200 ft maximum so i'm pretty sure i'll get 3000 ft easy at the same park with your antenna Tony (FPVLR) thank you,i'm very happy with your product!! :mrgreen: ohh and remember this is with the stock craft, can't wait to install my new pinwheel in the craft to see how far it will go. :twisted:

rofd said:
as a comparison i can say , when i was flying with the old antenna (TP-LINK) at the park i was getting about 1200 ft maximum so i'm pretty sure i'll get 3000 ft easy at the same park with your antenna Tony (FPVLR) thank you,i'm very happy with your product!! :mrgreen: ohh and remember this is with the stock craft, can't wait to install my new pinwheel in the craft to see how far it will go. :twisted:
I like the size. For some reason I thought it was a big bong looking dude. Its nice and compact. I like that. Looks good on the eXtender

Skipholiday said:
rofd said:
I like the size. For some reason I thought it was a big bong looking dude. Its nice and compact. I like that. Looks good on the eXtender

yes that's what i thought too, is 4" on the base by 1.3/4" height in the center. his building a new half sphere antenna which is even smaller. ohh and no skipholiday the craft is stock for now no mods at all, i bought a pinwheel but is not installed yet.

sweet. I've been chatting with Tony. He has helped me allot to understand this better. It's still confusing but not as bad. I'm done wasting money on rubber duck antennas. Altho I did get 2000 feet with a 9dbi on the tx and a 7dbi on the rx or vice versa. I get confused easily :-/ Worries me when I will have a perfect signal until I yaw and bam nothing.
rofd said:
Skipholiday said:
rofd said:

yes that's what i thought too, is 4" on the base by 1.3/4" height in the center. his building a new half sphere antenna which is even smaller. ohh and no skipholiday the craft is stock for now no mods at all, i bought a pinwheel but is not installed yet.

Mori55 said:
Are going to sketch your parasitic disk in white?

no, i like blue actually, the color looks better in person than in pictures. remember is acrylic so is like a transparent color, really nice.

Just something else to add

I was getting 200m max distance in horizontal plane and 80m vertical max. with stock P2V (approx 600ft and 240ft) and my first port of call was to send P2V and Remote Controller back to supplier. The dealer exchanged the RC for a new one and after that my stock distance was easily 500m as claimed by DJI. This was in an urban environment with plenty of wifi interference.

I would suggest if you aren't getting 500m in stock that you send the unit back and get it looked at. If you are only getting 500ft before control signal drops there is seriously something wrong and should be fixed under warranty

Skipholiday said:
sweet. I've been chatting with Tony. He has helped me allot to understand this better. It's still confusing but not as bad. I'm done wasting money on rubber duck antennas. Altho I did get 2000 feet with a 9dbi on the tx and a 7dbi on the rx or vice versa. I get confused easily :-/ Worries me when I will have a perfect signal until I yaw and bam nothing.

i'm new in this hobby, this is my first real drone, all i had a few years ago, was a helicopter and all i had to do was charge it and flight it haha never heard of RX or TX before or signals, radios etc haha. so i'm learning a lot now and with tony i learning about dbi, ghz etc, he likes to explain to you all the details that's a + coming from a seller. A pinwheel will be good to solve problems when yawing.

rofd said:
ok ok i'm so exited, i just got my new antennas directly from Tony's (FPVLR) hands, i must say he's a really nice guy, he showed me his work place, machines and the process of how he built the antennas, he told me that he test each single antenna he makes not just like a random chinese manufacturer, so don't worry guys quality and performance with FPLVR antennas are guaranteed. said that, i continue with my experience with the new antennas, well i think a picture worth more than words :lol: oh just in case, i was standing in the same spot with both antennas (right under a power line outside my house) i must say too that between the P2V and me was another power line from the street lights and lots of wifi signals around. i took the same route in both tests. old antenna (TP-LINK TL-ANT2409A) new antenna (2.4 GHz LHCP Parasitic disk helix) P2V stock for now. results :

how did you attach those helix at your extender?

hello Tony, a 90* connector will be great, can i go today around 6 or 7pm? also a i have a suggestion about the antenna to make it easy to mount, let me know.

Raul F.

FPVLR or Tony :)

I know and understand you are probably quite busy these days :) but can you give us an idea of your lag time between time of order and time of ship? All of us appreciate the love, care, and quality control you are putting into these antennas, and certainly would not want you to change anything in that regard, just a curiosity question and nothing more than that intended.

HaM-73 said:
FPVLR or Tony :)

I know and understand you are probably quite busy these days :) but can you give us an idea of your lag time between time of order and time of ship? All of us appreciate the love, care, and quality control you are putting into these antennas, and certainly would not want you to change anything in that regard, just a curiosity question and nothing more than that intended.

i bought my antenna friday night and got it yesterday (i live in the same area so i went there to pick it up myself) i guess with shipping will be around 7-to 10 days since you place your order? depends more on shipping time i think.

aFiF said:
rofd said:

how did you attach those helix at your extender?

hello afif i was holding it with double face tape just for the test, i will use a gopro mount that i have or maybe just velcro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves