antenna tracking system p4

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls and thanks in advance for any help I receive. Anyhow my dilemma is that I am trying to setup a antenna tracking system. Currently I am using the titan command case (a ground station of some sort) I also have 2 19dbi antenna panels hooked to the ground station which has some 3amp boosters for the antennas, What I would like to do is buy a antenna tracker to attach to the tripod that I have the 19dbi panels attached to. So when I fly around the antennas automatically point themselves to the drone. My problem is that the tracker has to hook to the drone gps or I have to add a gps unit to the drone. MyFlyDream AAT 6CH Auto Antenna Tracking System Basic Pack V5 there is the link of the antenna tracker Id like to use. does anyone have any ideas to attach these together. Any help would greatly be appreciated I have searched for hours on the web for a resolution and due to lack of experience and knowledge I am unsure what to do. Or if I even need to do much. I am willing to disassemble drone if necessary to make this happen. I also was thinking of upgrading antenna birdside on the drone maybe that would help, also going to be upgrading and adding 2 external batteries. I would like to do it all at once. Thanks in advance Anthony

The MyFlyDream is a analog antenna tracking system that you put the tracking signal on the audi ch in to a video transmitter. And decode the signal on the receiving side to control the tracker. The tracker is not compatible with P4
The P4 use digital videolink (light bridge) And as far I know there is no antenna tracker compatible for the light bridge downstream from P4

Thanks Roger I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. what about one of those gps units you put on your drone in case you lose the bird?

The GPS tracker is a cellphone with GPS receiver built in a small box. You will need a SIM card in order to get the tracker to work. You just call the GPS tracker from a mobile phone. You will get a recording saying the phone is not available, Hung up your call, and then you will get a text message with the Google map link. You click the link and google map will open up with an exact location (you will need a smart phone) . just remember if the tracker is outside the mobile coverage, you will NOT get any tracking. Also remember that the tracker is a transmitter (mobile phone) and can potentially interfere with the Phantom. there is report on the internet of Phantom crashing due to GPS trackers look at this video for more details
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tony, Isn't that TK102 a 2G device? 2G is basically dead in the US. I own one, and in Jan 2017, 2G shut off in my area. AT&T, Verison, etc... NO MORE 2G. So my TK102 is useless now. Where are you, and have you tried to use it lately? I'm really searching for a low cost 3G device, but most are around $100, ( trackimo, etc ) and have monthly subscriptions for their service. (trackimo at $139, with 12months free and then $5/month after seems best so far. ) thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31