Antenna numbers

Reaction score
Hi all i did a very silly thing i put new antennas on p3a but i didnt take notice of how they connect i see numbers on the board but i dont know where number 1 starts at. Any ideas. Thnx in advanced

I always put tapes with numbers on them around each cable, so I don't know the order. I don't have to know.

Try looking at teardown videos, like this one:

Hi all i did a very silly thing i put new antennas on p3a but i didnt take notice of how they connect i see numbers on the board but i dont know where number 1 starts at. Any ideas. Thnx in advanced
Here you go sir. This should make it easier for you.
This photo identifies the antenna numbers corresponding to the numbers on the OFDM board on a P3P or a P3A. Cheers.

P3P P3A antenna nums on OFDM board.jpg

[Keywords: Phantom 3, DJI, P3P, P3A, antenna, numbers, OFDM, board, Professional, Advanced]

Last edited:
Does the orientation of the antennas make a difference in the flight? Would a mixup of the OFDM connectors have any ill effect to the drones flight?

So long as they remain vertical there would be no issue.
Keep in mind their orientation, with respect to the controller, is constantly changing during flight.

Does the orientation of the antennas make a difference in the flight?

Yes. Antennas need to face proper direction and as @N017RW said, be vertical.

Would a mixup of the OFDM connectors have any ill effect to the drones flight?

Yes. The drone does not have 4 separate transceiver channels, it only has 2. It switches between used antennas during flight.

You will have reduced range and signal loss depending on drone rotation.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Yes. Antennas need to face proper direction and as @N017RW said, be vertical.

Yes. The drone does not have 4 separate transceiver channels, it only has 2. It switches between used antennas during flight.

You will have reduced range and signal loss depending on drone rotation.
I was wondering if it was orientation specific like the gps uses satellite position I guess if the wires were on the wrong posts on the board then it would not cause a stability issue? The drone seems to drift when hovering sometimes 10’ in any one direction! Even with it in GPS mode (12 plus satellites locked) almost like it’s in attitude mode! I ordered new props to see if it helps? Unless it has a weak motor that’s causing the drift?

I always put tapes with numbers on them around each cable, so I don't know the order. I don't have to know.

Try looking at teardown videos, like this one:
I They never seem to mark the antenna leads this guy pulled the downward sensor off intact by pulling the wires through the shell still attached to the board, Someone posted the correct wire position thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik