Antenna Mounting Kit (FPVLR compatible)

Thumbsup

FPVLR said:
sidebox said:
rrmccabe said:
Did Tony ever start stocking these? Planning on adding antennas to the bird and this is the best setup I have seen.

I know he is very busy, so it may take some time. He has received a test batch, so we'll see what he decides to do.

Let's start with 100 kits.... I like these..

On it, Tony! We'll sort out the details shortly. I have a couple of updates on the other issues we discussed as well. I'll follow up with you tomorrow night.

Is it necessary to remove the compass cable when installing these adapters? Other than removing the two screws on each leg, what else is required for installing these adapters? Thanks.

srandall25 said:
Is it necessary to remove the compass cable when installing these adapters? Other than removing the two screws on each leg, what else is required for installing these adapters? Thanks.

That's really all that is required. You do need to remove the compass cable to run it through the middle of the adapter.

sidebox said:
srandall25 said:

That's really all that is required. You do need to remove the compass cable to run it through the middle of the adapter.
Ok, so that white compass cable connector will fit through that hole in the adapter? There is no need to remove the top of the phantom correct?

srandall25 said:
sidebox said:
srandall25 said:

Ok, so that white compass cable connector will fit through that hole in the adapter?

Absolutely. You will need to angle it in slightly, but it should go without much fuss.

Here is my setup with the mounting kit... the pinwheels hug the inside landing gear box and do not obstruct the camera view in any way.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    602.3 KB · Views: 480
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    588.3 KB · Views: 448
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 441
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 463
Ordered and paid for the plastic antenna holders on October 2nd and have heard nothing from them since. Wonder what happened???

Hmm, it's worrying that sidebox hasn't been seen online since 6th September... I hope he's still making these antenna mounting kits.

BEWARE: Antenna Mounting Kit (FPVLR compatible)

Subject: Re: You've received an invoice (0076) from GowanusLab
Date: October 11, 2014 at 3:08:41 PM GMT+4
To: [email protected]

Sidebox,

Still have not received a tracking number or confirmation of the shipment.

Order placed August 26th

Sent a request for tracking number on Sept 13 with no reply.

Seems SideBox is not a solid business man,,, has not returned to this site since September 06th.

Take the money but does not follow through with delivery of product,,,,

BEWARE !
BEWARE !
BEWARE !

And here we are on October 16th and still no answer from him. Guess it is time to look for a refund and if no answer go to PayPal and file complaint.

Happyflyer said:
And here we are on October 16th and still no answer from him. Guess it is time to look for a refund and if no answer go to PayPal and file complaint.

We at FPVLR were hoping to get some stock from these guys, but our 10 sample kits that he sent us are finished so now we've designed and are cutting our own version at FPVLR, and they are available.
I cannot believe someone would stop honoring their customers' purchases unless it were for a big problem like health related or something similar. Still you need to keep communication up with your customers.

I got mine after i think 2-3 weeks of placing an order.

I actually never did got a reply about my own inquiry on the 2nd week, BUT I did got the product just no response. I must say the product is great, i just wish he'd just focus on the customer service part as well.

- Chet

I ordered a version of the holder in the first picture below. After waiting far too long and requesting a refund, within three days they arrived. Also ordered from another dealer and received them very quickly. Where ever you order these from to hold antennas on your quad, I have a suggestion or a "fix" for manufacturers or owners to ease installation.
Notice the black on the second picture below. If you put them in your vise (carefully) and take a fine tooth hacksaw and make a couple of cuts and file it smooth, you will have a simple way to insert these under the legs without having to take off all the wires that are on your landing legs.

Attachments

• Holder.JPG
    Holder.JPG
    516.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Holder1.JPG
    Holder1.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 350

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members