Video Range Performance - next step

Reaction score
P3P with the FPLVR antenna on the RC. Works considerably better than stock, somewhat better than a windsurfer. I am still not happy with my range under my usual horrid conditions of trying to punch through 150 foot spruce trees. Typically I run out of video feed before the control circuit but since I am dealing with trees, rocks and other impedimenta I find running blind a bit more exciting that I would like.

So I'm trying to figure out the next step. I can put 2.4 GHz Sunhaus booster amps on the RC, but that won't give me any more video range since I am presuming that the weakest link is going to be signal from the bird. I could put an array of antennas together - I've done that for amateur radio satellites - but rigging the phase delay line would be a challenge (for me anyway) and that makes an even bulkier RC system.

FPVLR sells a bird side antenna which, from their rather limited website, appears to be a stock 2.4 Ghz antenna stuck to the bottom of the craft instead of inside the legs.

Any experience or thoughts?

If your regular task is to look at behind the trees, you may consider mounting some reflectors like windsurfers but much larger in size to cover other sides of the trees. Just a thought.

I've got 2 million acres of trees to deal with. I've thought about captive balloons but I'm just not ready to look that stupid. ('Look mom! It's the balloon man again!")

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj