Antenna Mods and Expectations

Like Dirk says, pointed at the quad. The signal emanates from the front of the panel and you want that to pointed at the bird.
Gotcha, I'll do some tests in my video and see if I can get a noticeable difference.

Thanks for all the info on the antenna Jake. I got my antenna a couple of weeks ago from you. Have not put it in yet. Have you gotten the clean upgrade plugs and cables yet? Can't wait to get them installed!

Can I do clean install kit and wait on antenna since I am not sure which one I want to buy , and till I decide can I just fly with regular duck antenna attached to the end of the clean install ? If so which one you recommend for temporary flying till I decide ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can I do clean install kit and wait on antenna since I am not sure which one I want to buy , and till I decide can I just fly with regular duck antenna attached to the end of the clean install ? If so which one you recommend for temporary flying till I decide ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yup! You can purchase separately on the website.

I have a question. Is there a way to install the ITElite but also keep the original antennas (P3P) as an option? Reason for doing that is that at times I will want to use the option to direct the camera with the direction of the radio (makes for a very smooth video) and I'm afraid the ITElite setup will not allow me to face any direction except toward the Phantom. I'm thinking of having the original antenna wires out and available to screw into the "new" antenna ports when I want to use the stock antenna. Has anyone heard of doing that or tried it? I guess I would need antenna wires that are able to hook up to the "new" antenna ports.

I have a question. Is there a way to install the ITElite but also keep the original antennas (P3P) as an option? Reason for doing that is that at times I will want to use the option to direct the camera with the direction of the radio (makes for a very smooth video) and I'm afraid the ITElite setup will not allow me to face any direction except toward the Phantom. I'm thinking of having the original antenna wires out and available to screw into the "new" antenna ports when I want to use the stock antenna. Has anyone heard of doing that or tried it? I guess I would need antenna wires that are able to hook up to the "new" antenna ports.
Yes, it's possible. Just have to be careful when removing the stock antennas.

Yes, it's possible. Just have to be careful when removing the stock antennas.

Thanks Jake (BTW- I just bought my ITElite setup from you). Are there wires that I can buy that will allow the stock antennas to connect to the new ports that I will install on the radio when I do the ITElite mod? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks Jake (BTW- I just bought my ITElite setup from you). Are there wires that I can buy that will allow the stock antennas to connect to the new ports that I will install on the radio when I do the ITElite mod? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
Not that I am aware of. You could just buy some smaller antennas such as these: 7″ Inch 7dbi Gray Antenna (pair)

Those are pretty close to stock, and maybe a little better than stock.

Awesome. Would they screw directly on the "new" ports for the ITElite, or are there connected wires that would fit the new ports?
They would screw onto the new ports.

Jake,

Thank you for taking the time to post this information. When I first got my Itelite panel, my range wasn't that much better than stock and I was very upset. However after taking the time to read and learn about the things you posted, I decided to use Google maps to scan my area for large open areas like farm fields to see if my range would increase. First time out I went over 10,000 ft! :)

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
They would screw onto the new ports.

That's great. I'm definately going to do that. Is this setup a common request? I'd be surprised if people weren't asking for this kind of setup often. Just makes for more versatility and it sounds like a simple modification to the ITElite mod.

Sounds like I should also put the new ports through the stock antenna holes instead of drilling so that the new antennas will be in the same spot as the old stock antennas. Agree?

Jake,

Thank you for taking the time to post this information. When I first got my Itelite panel, my range wasn't that much better than stock and I was very upset. However after taking the time to read and learn about the things you posted, I decided to use Google maps to scan my area for large open areas like farm fields to see if my range would increase. First time out I went over 10,000 ft! :)
That's awesome Tony! :)

That's great. I'm definately going to do that. Is this setup a common request? I'd be surprised if people weren't asking for this kind of setup often. Just makes for more versatility and it sounds like a simple modification to the ITElite mod.

Sounds like I should also put the new ports through the stock antenna holes instead of drilling so that the new antennas will be in the same spot as the old stock antennas. Agree?

Yes, it is pretty common. I just released the clean install cables a few weeks ago and they've been a pretty big hit. In the past, you needed to drill holes. Now with the clean install, the cables go through the stock antenna holes: DJI - Clean Install Kit

It should be available this week. I'm supposed to have 10 on the way, so maybe Monday or Tuesday.
Unreal! what sort of dollars will we be looking at? Also can you save me one with your clean install kit and let me know at [email protected]
Thank you Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic