Antenna Booster

Reaction score
I'm speaking of the Parabolic Remote Range Booster.
Do they really help amplify the transmission signal?

The parabolic reflectors if that is what you are referring to don't amplify the signal but they do a great job in putting the RF in one particular direction both transmit and receive. Much like a reflector on a flashlight they concentrate the energy where it is needed instead of wasting it off in some other direction. I have ran tests to prove them to myself and mine almost doubled the range. I still had 100% signal at 1,740 feet. Also they prevent interference from other directions. Mine cost only $14.00 from AMAZON.
ThNks
Jim
WA5TEF

I have a set I bought on Amazon,as stated they do not amplify the signal but what they do is redirect the signals that are broadcast towards you and focus them forwards instead thus putting more of the signal forwards, this can help increase the distance in front of you that you can control the aircraft.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The parabolic reflectors if that is what you are referring to don't amplify the signal but they do a great job in putting the RF in one particular direction both transmit and receive. Much like a reflector on a flashlight they concentrate the energy where it is needed instead of wasting it off in some other direction. I have ran tests to prove them to myself and mine almost doubled the range. I still had 100% signal at 1,740 feet. Also they prevent interference from other directions. Mine cost only $14.00 from AMAZON.
ThNks
Jim
WA5TEF

I love mine. Works great. Also from amazon.
SunnyLife Coppery model

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Not exactly but they squeeze it into a narrow beampath that greatly reduces noise and puts more power out where you need it. In ham radio we construct "beam antennas" that do this and they can be quiet large if you use the lower frequencies. But at 2.4 and 5 GHz these antennas are small making them practical! I use the parabolic reflectors on each antenna and they really work great. Got mine from Amazon for $14 I think.
Jim
WA5TEF

Do they increase video signal, I start to usually lose video feed.
As mentioned above, the windsurfer only concentrates the signal in a more focused direction. The standard antenna is Omni directional and sprays the control signal in 360 degrees, the windsurfer eliminates a lot of this 'waste'. However you need to change your aiming technique for best results. They do work and did improve my video transmission as a by product.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4