Another Question about Props

Reaction score
Hi all when I got my P3 std second hand off ebay good aircraft no problim there but I only got one set of dirty props and 3 spare .... no spare full set
I bought a set off ebay XCSource brand pretty red stripes on the tips but they have metal insert threads? The first set one of the silver ones had a bad thread contacted them they gave me $4 part refund so I took a chance and got another set all worked I sanded them and balanced them all ready to go
My question is does this sort of prop work ok has anyone heard of the metal to metal thread fail or come loose in the prop ?

Honest : Dji props are the best their is...I sure would not put a expensive drone UP a few hundred feet and 2000 feet away and have a single prop give away.....LOOK Out Below.... Dji props are sure reasonably priced and a full set is less then $15.00 (two silver and two black) and i never ever heard of a P3 Std prop having a threaded metal insert...If you use them : *Proceed with caution* !

When a OEM prop tightens UP....your able to snug it down ....when its metal to metal like yours are when its tight its tight...no final snug !

IF any body wants to add to what i said....above please do...Thank you.

That metal insert in the after market props to threads on motor shaft has to be not a very good idea !

Just maybe you can hear a few of yahs for them and nays for them...stay tuned in !

I bought a set off ebay XCSource brand pretty red stripes on the tips but they have metal insert threads?
My question is does this sort of prop work ok has anyone heard of the metal to metal thread fail or come loose in the prop ?
We routinely advise against using metal thread props on P3 model ACs due to deceleration during active braking. My suggestion is to not use your new metal thread props and stick with DJI brand props with nylon threads.

Metal hubs= P2 only.

Honest : Dji props are the best their is...I sure would not put a expensive drone UP a few hundred feet and 2000 feet away and have a single prop give away.....LOOK Out Below.... Dji props are sure reasonably priced and a full set is less then $15.00 (two silver and two black) and i never ever heard of a P3 Std prop having a threaded metal insert...If you use them : *Proceed with caution* !

When a OEM prop tightens UP....your able to snug it down ....when its metal to metal like yours are when its tight its tight...no final snug !

That metal insert in the after market props to threads on motor shaft has to be not a very good idea !

Just maybe you can hear a few of yahs for them and nays for them...stay tuned in !
Agreed

Reactions: JoBe

Hi ok to use but you could use plumpers thread lock tape PTFE type it will stop them coming loose .

Hi ok to use but you could use plumpers thread lock tape PTFE type it will stop them coming loose .
Give the chubby people a rest and grab some plumber or gas fitter thread tape is what I guess you mean. I’m not sure that will help them stay on though- it’s designed to create a seal rather than lock the threads. One of the properties of PTFE is it is slippery, reduced friction.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Thanks all I now what I will do and it wont be flying using them

Better safe than sorry. It’s like wheels on a car. A fancy low rider car shouldn’t run on alternative 3rd party wheels, else they fail catastrophically. Best to stick to manufacturers standards.

Yes, I've used PTFE (plumbers') tape on my metal-hubbed props since I bought my P3P more than 2 years ago. The addition of PTFE tape causes tighter tolerances on the threads and thus friction/pinching. I wouldn't fly metal-hubbed P2 props on aP3 without using anything though.

Here's a bit more detail on it:-

Are these props compatible with the P3?

Reactions: dreddman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20