Another P3 lost into the sea

2 in a row!!! Most people still don't have their 1st P3 and supposedly this guy has 2 in a week delivered, setup, and flying. I need this guy to run my procurement department.

Who has a swimming pool and willing to test their P3 over water, I have a feeling my sons paddling pool is not going to cut it?

I've been thinking about this deal with the VPS an if one were to fly low to the ground and over a cliff. Seems to me if the VPS is one and working correctly it should try to maintain its height from the surface and try to plunge down to maintain its distance from the surface. Which would mean if it drys to dive in to the drink would mean it worked right. and dji also already says that the sonar dont work well over water being it dont bounce the sonar back the same as solid ground does.

Some one that was showing me there ispire 1 and how the VPS works. They were able to fly low to the ground and they hammered it straight froward and it was following the ground and maintain height and going over bumps with out him having to use any up or down to keep it going and not crashing in to the ground. But it seems if he had gone over a deep dip or even a cliff it would of dipped down to follow the contour of the ground under it.

Could always add a couple of these just to be sure... Illuminated, self inflating, recovery buoys that will lift 1kg each, so 2 or 3 should be more than adequate.
http://www.water-buoy.com/

jwYxHh.jpg
:)
This early period is likely to be high with problems because :

- they are the first production batch of a new model, running non-existent App (or V1.0)

- people are keen to get in the air and might not RTFM

- with each model DJI are attracting more people to the hobby who might not have any R/C experience

- the specs/range might encourage people to push the envelope.

I'm certainly considering a P3, but I'm happy to let others adopt the 'bleeding edge' for the first few months. Call me a ***** :)

A
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31