Another P3 lost into the sea

Attachments

• que.jpg
    que.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 282
Call me skeptical but most of the people that are reporting problems have only just joined the forum and it is their first post, now I know that a lot of people only turn to the forums when they have a problem but until I see evidence from a regular forum member that they have had an issue I will take these reports with a pinch of salt. but lets be honest even then, if its a one off, it will not stop me taking her up as based on percentages and odds you probably have more chance of being struck by lightening whilst out flying......:rolleyes:

Wise thinking. Also keep in mind that there are some people who do NOTHING but in this forum but post any negative information about DJI that they can scrape up.

Here's a bit of information from a recent Forbes magazine article about DJI. They have sold more than 400,000 Phantoms. Now compare that number to the flyaways, unexplained crashes and other problems, and you will see that their rate of failure is pretty decent for this type of cutting edge technology. I'll take my chances with those odds.

Another case in point above - just joined today to tell us about a lost P3 into the water. Don't mind our scepticism Pea, but it is rather coincidental. But then again, I was here a while before people answered my questions - this bunch seem to like to see some history from members before they take them too seriously.

If they are all true and with that ultra sonic sensor error, i first guess something to do with the FPS on the craft.

Wow someone else had this ultrasonic sensor error too? I lost my first P3P in exactly the same way, a week ago. Was flying over a lake for a good 5 minutes, everything going fine, and suddenly I get the sonic sensor error, "land immediately" and all controls gone. It landed in the lake slowly from about 400 feet up. Never recovered the bird, just ordered a new one which I received today. Lets hope for better luck with this sensor.

Now the trolls are not even trying.

I take it this sensor can be switched off in the app?

I was thinking this and thought i would do it if you could until more light had been shed on the subject. At work at the moment so checked on the dji website at the instructions but it doesn't look like you can.

Is it the vision positioning system? If yes then it can be turned off. Just had a look at the app.

If this is the same one as I read about on rcgroups the P3 descended into the water then flew back out and the operator was able to RTH.

OK turns out putting tape over the sensor was not a good idea. As soon as I started the motors, it took off like crazy straight up. I hit RTH and it flipped and hit my **** garage roof. Battery came out, camera assembly disconnected.
The P3 defaults to this sensor when there is no gps. This test should have been done outside with a tether.

OK turns out putting tape over the sensor was not a good idea. As soon as I started the motors, it took off like crazy straight up. I hit RTH and it flipped and hit my **** garage roof. Battery came out, camera assembly disconnected.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I have a pretty good income, I have no problem ordering a new one. Someone has to try these things.. Better me than someone with no money.

No what you have is no Life and nothing else to do. Post pictures of your now Two p3 controllers and broken p3 dip ****.

Is this forum even moderated ? Where are they and why do they not block these trolls ?

No what you have is no Life and nothing else to do. Post pictures of your now Two p3 controllers and broken p3 dip ****.

Is this forum even moderated ? Where are they and why do they not block these trolls ?

Moderation on this forum is a joke. I watched someone post fake photo-shopped announcements from DJI stating that the apple APP would not be out until June and then later on post a picture of a forum members house and the moderators did not do a **** thing.

I think if I get bored today I will create a troll account behind a proxy and **** with people here, it is obviously an acceptable practice here.

I was thinking this and thought i would do it if you could until more light had been shed on the subject. At work at the moment so checked on the dji website at the instructions but it doesn't look like you can.
Yes, you can ! Just go to the advanced settings and scroll to the bottom as shown. My P3 doesn't arrive until Monday, but I plan to fly it as "out of the box" initially in an open field at low altitude, then see what settings need to be adjusted or turned off. Definitely no "over-water" to begin with.

Attachments

• PHANTOM 2.jpg
    PHANTOM 2.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 380
You guys will see a lot of alleged flyaways over the next few months and beyond. Even without conclusive evidence, it will be pretty clear that many are the result of "operator malfunction". Not to say the Phantom is without fault. After 200+ perfect fights, my IMU went wonky and crashed my P2. It happens.

But, it shouldn't stop you from flying. The most important takeaway from all the flyaway claims is to recognize that this is complicated and no matter how experienced, we shouldn't take anything for granted and can always learn more.

Yes, you can ! Just go to the advanced settings and scroll to the bottom as shown. My P3 doesn't arrive until Monday, but I plan to fly it as "out of the box" initially in an open field at low altitude, then see what settings need to be adjusted or turned off. Definitely no "over-water" to begin with.

Cheers, handy to know if anything ever shows up that it was the cause. I will be keeping it on as well unless i learn anything more. I will be tempted to turn it of when flying over water which i do regularly because of the wyre estursty at the end of our runway at the flying club. will see.
cheers again i thought i had seen it in the app but couldn't rmbr.

Two P3's in a week!
There's something rather dubious about this new poster.
A little skepticism is advisable.

Either they are full of crap or the worlds unluckiest person if they got 2 in a row that had random defects that could cause a catastrophic crash were it fell out of the sky. OR they really have no clue what the hell they are doing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj