Another DJI Warranty Story- worth reading I think!

They normally don't communicate after they have received it into repair. They tell us and expect us to check the repair web site for progress with the repair number they give. I've had this happen twice. I'd like to know what they did in repair, but honestly, if it flies like it should when I get it back, I don't care what they did! LOL

I'm wondering if they will include the battery I lost in the wreck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm wondering if they will include the battery I lost in the wreck

If you didn't send them one with your return, it's not likely that you will receive one back. But you could be surprised.

Well got my phantom 3 advanced back today... It's hard to tell but I can't tell if they have me a new one or just rebodied the one I had. They updated the newer motors etc.

Here's my issue... The bird fell out of the sky. I lost my battery? I asked them when I sent it in to replace the battery and props, and there's nothing in the box.

Can I call them? What's the California number?

c013cec1345c5946e75253bc2f6f67ac.jpg
258063a0214a21d2612aec46eacec95d.jpg
c43d274f5846873df047b97673da8e38.jpg
f035e193c782b8c2377baed9aeece217.jpg

Man it's stories like this that scare the hell out of me from buying one of these for serious money and then hoping it don't crash, or have camera issues (other threads) or battery issues. Not to mention my own mistakes.... But I appreciate the posts to educate this newbie.

Well got my phantom 3 advanced back today... It's hard to tell but I can't tell if they have me a new one or just rebodied the one I had. They updated the newer motors etc.

Here's my issue... The bird fell out of the sky. I lost my battery? I asked them when I sent it in to replace the battery and props, and there's nothing in the box.

Can I call them? What's the California number?

c013cec1345c5946e75253bc2f6f67ac.jpg
258063a0214a21d2612aec46eacec95d.jpg
c43d274f5846873df047b97673da8e38.jpg
f035e193c782b8c2377baed9aeece217.jpg

Good to see they repaired it for you under warranty but i wouldnt of expected to get the battery or blades unless the battery was with it but at least you got it back well done you [emoji106]

I kind of feel the drone fell from the sky for not fault of my own. They should replace what ever broke on the craft

Man it's stories like this that scare the hell out of me from buying one of these for serious money and then hoping it don't crash, or have camera issues (other threads) or battery issues. Not to mention my own mistakes.... But I appreciate the posts to educate this newbie.

This is basically a RC / model aircraft hobby. Long term abusers will tell you to EXPECT crashes / disasters / extra costs. If you can't handle this financially or emotionally, you might want to find a different hobby. It's like boats - you can minimize extra costs, you can train constantly, you can think carefully and avoid known bad situations but sooner or later, Murphy's law applies.

And Murphy was an optimist.

What would've happened had it not rolled off the roof? No warranty repair right? If this happened over water and it wasn't recoverable you might be out of luck?
I lost my PV2 and could not recover it and lost the GoPro Hero 3.... DJI did nothing ....?????? I had to by a new PV2+

It looks like they may have roof access thru the shack on the left. Since they didn't give you a new battery, this gives you a good reason to go up and get the rest of your parts off the roof. Then send the battery and props in for replacement :)

Yeah funny story. So I finally got the balls to ask to go on the roof... Today! And when I got up there the battery and camera were gonna! :(

Reactions: Reed L
This is basically a RC / model aircraft hobby. Long term abusers will tell you to EXPECT crashes / disasters / extra costs. If you can't handle this financially or emotionally, you might want to find a different hobby. It's like boats - you can minimize extra costs, you can train constantly, you can think carefully and avoid known bad situations but sooner or later, Murphy's law applies.

And Murphy was an optimist.
Yeah I'm aware of that. I have plenty of money and emotion. I bought a Pro the day after my Advanced fell from the sky. Now I have two!

But it just feels like by them repairing t they are admitting they had a hand in it.... Therefore they should replace all that was lost due to the wreck. 1.5 FW is also known to do this...

I am fully aware that I can screw up and cost me money. But it sure seems like there are a lot of people in here having issues that seem to rest with dji quality or lack there of. Fly always, drops, battery issues and the camera picture issues. It's great that dji stands behind most of it, but I have not heard much good of their customer service, but at least they repair them most of the time. It's a chance I have to take but it still concerns me. But this forum sure gives me a clearer view of most issues so no real surprises, I hope.

I lost my PV2 and could not recover it and lost the GoPro Hero 3.... DJI did nothing ....?????? I had to by a new PV2+

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Lost the P2 AND the GoPro 3. Lost sight in the sky and hit RTH, and never saw or heard it again! Lost over the frozen lake somewhere never to be found and I searched everywhere with binocs. DJI really can't do much in those situations due to no proof of bird. I had my RC and my other 1/2 of my GS, but I couldn't prove the P2 was lost. I bought a new P2 AND GoPro 4 and had another flyaway and crash but I had a Trackimo on this one and was able to recover it. Wrote to DJI explaining both flyaways and they fixed my P2 n/c. I promptly sold that one and bought a P3P. No flyaways but I am waiting for my P3P to be delivered after the 2nd repair for problems after FW update and losing video and RC transmission. Hopefully it is fixed this time.

Were you guys full throttle when your craft shut down? Maybe there was a voltage drop.

Cold weather. Apparently 1.6 reduces thrust in cold weather to prevent battery crashing because of temp

Cold weather. Apparently 1.6 reduces thrust in cold weather to prevent battery crashing because of temp

I like to set the voltage to show on the main screen, it is displayed right by the percentage and when it drops fast it turns from green to orange. If the voltage drops dangerously low it is red. The voltage can drop without the remaining percent dropping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl