Another Broken P3P....

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been looking through the forum and lots of great info! I have a P3P and am having issues with it and thought I would turn to this forum for guideance.

I get a black screen when connecting to the app, started as weak transmission signal and has gotten worse over time. The drone doesnt read my SD card either.

I have tried all the usual stuff, software updates for the craft and RC, RC linking, downloading new app, trying different devices both IOs and Android, cables. I have also replaced the gimbal ribbon with a DJI genuine, IMU calibration. Nothing works.

The drone powers up, flys, receives all telemetry information, warms up, does the gimbal dance and I have green lights. All the usual things but I dont have a camera view and now it wont recognise an SD card or give me any camera functionality. It used to have a black screen but I could still record. Not anymore rendering it useless.

My thoughts are that the camera or board has fried somehow? And I cant find a reasonable spare. Would I be able to retrofit some kind of Go Pro gimbal/mount so I can get some rudimentary footage? I realise I wont get all the features but it will save it going in the bin!

All advice appreciated. I think DJI are awful for producing such bad quality products and dont offer any help other than paying out stupid money to fix them.

Reactions: theprince_62
I am one of the first to baulk at paying silly money for items or repairs. But when it comes to the Phantom - I have submitted my P3P twice to DJI Service.

Yes - I agree it is not cheap, but for that price - you get a fully functioning machine WITH guarantee. In many cases - owners have rec'd a refurb machine instead - literally as new.

These are not cheap toys and highly sophisticated electronics go into them. The problem is - the electronics have so much interaction of the parts - that faults can be seen as xxxx but can involve yyyy parts as well. You are seeing exactly that. What you think is wrong - is only part of the story.

Of course you can rig a Phantom with a GoPro / Runcam or similar - but note that unless the AC understands its not limited on flight ... trying to fly without GO etc. is a good example - you will be limited to beginner radius / height. No gimbal action, no remote switch on / off etc.

I was going to do similar to my P3S which went swimming .... but in the end was cheaper and better to get a new SK450 frame and use the motors from the P3S .... ditching the rest.

Nigel

In this instance the cost of a new camera plus repair exceeds the value of the P3P, thats why I am reluctant to payout for a drone thats quite old.

I guess the only option is a replacement camera. Do you know where to purchase one?

Try Phantomhelp.com

If cost is such - then why not look at picking up a second hand complete setup ? My P3P was second user and fine.

Nigel

Your old one can provide parts if needed

Nigel

Hey guys,

Been looking through the forum and lots of great info! I have a P3P and am having issues with it and thought I would turn to this forum for guideance.

I get a black screen when connecting to the app, started as weak transmission signal and has gotten worse over time. The drone doesnt read my SD card either.

I have tried all the usual stuff, software updates for the craft and RC, RC linking, downloading new app, trying different devices both IOs and Android, cables. I have also replaced the gimbal ribbon with a DJI genuine, IMU calibration. Nothing works.

The drone powers up, flys, receives all telemetry information, warms up, does the gimbal dance and I have green lights. All the usual things but I dont have a camera view and now it wont recognise an SD card or give me any camera functionality. It used to have a black screen but I could still record. Not anymore rendering it useless.

My thoughts are that the camera or board has fried somehow? And I cant find a reasonable spare. Would I be able to retrofit some kind of Go Pro gimbal/mount so I can get some rudimentary footage? I realise I wont get all the features but it will save it going in the bin!

All advice appreciated. I think DJI are awful for producing such bad quality products and dont offer any help other than paying out stupid money to fix them.
Probably is too late to replay at you, but at least can be useful for others with your same issue. No image, no SD card at 99% means Gimbal Top Board faulty. Ambarella chip controls your issue.... CAUSE? I think is overheat, and some solded dot under Ambarella chip got disconnected (same happens at the laptop video board GPU). Have a check also to the little fan over the top gimbal board, be sure it works fine. Good luck from Italy Roma

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20