Android Ultimate Flight - 15 days left before price increase

Reaction score
Android Ultimate Flight - 15 days left before price increase

DJI Ultimate Flight - v3 - Android Apps on Google Play
New features planned in the spring will result in a slight price increase. Now is the time to get your copy if you don't already own it.

Remember, a portion of your purchase is paid to PhantomPilots website so through your purchase you are helping to support the forum.

Reactions: Techcop50
As a Litchi user, what are the differences and what new features are coming to make me spring for this?

Main differences are in Track and Missions, many flight types are built into the drone and the differences are mainly visual presentation and not functional.

Litchi uses their own tracking which means you need a fairly high-end device, UF uses the built-in tracking of the drone so it's a bit more efficient and can, in some cases and depending on the device be more responsive.

The main difference is in the areas of mission. UF has specialty waypoints. For example, you can tell the app to orbit around a point in a 1-360 degree orbit and the app calculates the points needed for the flight giving you a nearly perfect orbit. The app also supports above ground and can convert back and forth from AGL and ATO altitude values. In addition KML and KMZ support for missions so you can load offline map files or create missions using apps like Google Earth and the app loads them directly. There is also a mission pattern feature that allows you to create a mission flight and to repeat the same flight pattern at any location.

For those wanting very accurate flight altitudes the app supports digital terrain files which can give the mission accuracy to 1 foot or less. This is mainly for mappers and environmental study scenarios but it's been used by other for various reasons.

The best way to see some of the differences is to scan the docs: http://djiultimateflight.com/images/DJI Ultimate Flight V3.pdf

I also, as a thanks to user have a separate and free FPV VR app. Because most users don't tend to switch back and forth I decided a separate app was best.

In the areas of free flight we are nearly identical. UF has a virtual wall system that will stop the UAV from flying past a virtual border but many other modes are very similar.

Did I mention the app is < Litchi and NO in-app purchases?

What's coming, I cannot say. I used to make that mistake and it has only lead to other apps coming out with identical features shortly following so I keep them internally.

I will say that some of what I'm adding are additional mission point types that will allow to specify a point and a configuration and have the app calculate the flight pattern.

Forgive the possible silly question... newbie here. I have read that the Phantom 4 ( that I recently bought) can be set to auto follow a subject, BUT, will not take terrain into account. As in if your subject is heading up hill the phantom will not gain altitude in proportion to the subject ultimately causing it to crash if left to it's own devices...
Does your app address this?

Reactions: anykill
Forgive the possible silly question... newbie here. I have read that the Phantom 4 ( that I recently bought) can be set to auto follow a subject, BUT, will not take terrain into account. As in if your subject is heading up hill the phantom will not gain altitude in proportion to the subject ultimately causing it to crash if left to it's own devices...
Does your app address this?

Only silly questions are those you don't ask...

The P4 will not crash when it gains altitude, the current firmware will stop tracking once the elevation between the ground and UAV are lower than a pre-defined value (I believe it's something around 1m).

The tracking functionality is in firmware and while the SDK does allow live update of altitude it requires that a device the subject carries to support elevation reporting which kind of minimizes the tracking feature because it means that the subject would need to have the RC with them. That said I have been playing with a number of solutions that only require the user to carry a device (not connected to the RC) and a few have shown to be fairly accurate and if further testing proves to be good then this is likely something to be seen after the holidays.

Main differences are in Track and Missions, many flight types are built into the drone and the differences are mainly visual presentation and not functional.

Litchi uses their own tracking which means you need a fairly high-end device, UF uses the built-in tracking of the drone so it's a bit more efficient and can, in some cases and depending on the device be more responsive.

The main difference is in the areas of mission. UF has specialty waypoints. For example, you can tell the app to orbit around a point in a 1-360 degree orbit and the app calculates the points needed for the flight giving you a nearly perfect orbit. The app also supports above ground and can convert back and forth from AGL and ATO altitude values. In addition KML and KMZ support for missions so you can load offline map files or create missions using apps like Google Earth and the app loads them directly. There is also a mission pattern feature that allows you to create a mission flight and to repeat the same flight pattern at any location.

For those wanting very accurate flight altitudes the app supports digital terrain files which can give the mission accuracy to 1 foot or less. This is mainly for mappers and environmental study scenarios but it's been used by other for various reasons.

The best way to see some of the differences is to scan the docs: http://djiultimateflight.com/images/DJI Ultimate Flight V3.pdf

I also, as a thanks to user have a separate and free FPV VR app. Because most users don't tend to switch back and forth I decided a separate app was best.

In the areas of free flight we are nearly identical. UF has a virtual wall system that will stop the UAV from flying past a virtual border but many other modes are very similar.

Did I mention the app is < Litchi and NO in-app purchases?

What's coming, I cannot say. I used to make that mistake and it has only lead to other apps coming out with identical features shortly following so I keep them internally.

I will say that some of what I'm adding are additional mission point types that will allow to specify a point and a configuration and have the app calculate the flight pattern.
Does your app provide the ability to set waypoint altitudes relative to the groud or would one still need to map in Google Earth and import the route in to UF?

Only silly questions are those you don't ask...

The P4 will not crash when it gains altitude, the current firmware will stop tracking once the elevation between the ground and UAV are lower than a pre-defined value (I believe it's something around 1m).

The tracking functionality is in firmware and while the SDK does allow live update of altitude it requires that a device the subject carries to support elevation reporting which kind of minimizes the tracking feature because it means that the subject would need to have the RC with them. That said I have been playing with a number of solutions that only require the user to carry a device (not connected to the RC) and a few have shown to be fairly accurate and if further testing proves to be good then this is likely something to be seen after the holidays.
I've read that you can use Google Earth along with Litchi to adjust altitude/terrain changes. When is someone going to just implement that into the software so you dont have to use a third party?

I've read that you can use Google Earth along with Litchi to adjust altitude/terrain changes. When is someone going to just implement that into the software so you dont have to use a third party?
This feature is in the current beta version of Litchi for Android.

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

You talking 3.10.0 for the P4 ?
Sure am. See screenshot.
1482431378171.png

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fallguy
Does your app provide the ability to set waypoint altitudes relative to the groud or would one still need to map in Google Earth and import the route in to UF?

You can set waypoint altitudes using AGL or ATO and switch back and forth and the app will convert for you. You can save missions in either unit as well and the app converts as needed.

You can set waypoint altitudes using AGL or ATO and switch back and forth and the app will convert for you. You can save missions in either unit as well and the app converts as needed.

You can also set speed per waypoint

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20