Android Tablets

Shouldn't be a problem to move your other stuff there and run the app from internal memory.
Not much to move
Only have 4.8gb to really play with
Take a flight or two and the extra storage is GONE

5vVeTsy.png

I've been flying with my rooted 2013 N7 running CleanROM 6.0. Video is smooth at max resolution and I can stream to Twitch simultaneously while piping in audio from local mic or a playlist from Google Play Music for example... Highly recommended since it's one of the easiest tablets to root (if that's something you're after for doing extras). It's also relatively cheap these days comparative to things like the Shield (which sounds like it's great from a hardware standpoing, the issue longterm will likely be software - which is always the case with non-Nexus devices in the Android ecosystem unfortunately).

What app are you using to stream to twitch? Screen stream mirroring?

The screen resolution is on the low side, but really had no problem with that. It does not feel like low spec at all. It is no retina but it is quite bright and clear. No noticeable lags also. Very cheap-good performance, just a bit on the heavy side, but got used to it.
Thanks for the feedback ... to be honest I just need a tab to help me fly and give me reasonable streams, all my editing os post fly ... now can you help me with how you rooted the tab??

I ordered the Chuwi Vi8 (tablet with dual OS: Windows AND Android) with HDMI output. Keep you posted!
Hi Nikon, My chuwi Vi8 is due to arrive in the next day or so from Banggood and I should have my p3p by about Wednesday. How is your Chuwi performing. One member has reported that he is getting too much lag whilst another says he is very happy with it?

I've no much lag. Only brightness is an isue when no sun shade is used in direct sunlight.
Very nice tablet when there are clouds or in morning/evening light.

I've no much lag. Only brightness is an isue when no sun shade is used in direct sunlight.
Very nice tablet when there are clouds or in morning/evening light.
Thanks. That gives me confidence. I am worried about these eratic flights occurring after updates that are being posted. Too expensive a unit in Australia to readily replace, ie $1950.00 AUD$. The retailer who has sold it to me and expecting to supply on Wednesday said the best thing to do is to delay the firmware updates until you know no problems. Still not good enough. Bought the Chuwi because of price because did not want to buy a new ipad when new models due out in a few months. Good to hear yours is good.

Even my Note 4 can't handle mid quality streaming video, it hiccups and jumps all over. I'm running Lollipop from Tmobile with a clean wipe and rebuild too.

Guess i'll try on lowest setting.....
I'm also using a Note 4 temporarily while I replenish my $ and the first time it was dropping frames around 1,000' but it seems to be working better now that I read to put it on airplane mode, and turned off bluetooth and wifi. Haven't gone past the 1 mile range yet but mainly because it's too new to be pushing it till I get the Flytrex which is on order and no telling when they will ship as they keep delaying it. Also I think the first day's flights were all to the NE of me and there might be some interference in that direction.

My main problem is trying to see the screen outside even with a hood as the picture is too dark even if I center on a dark area on the camera setting and 10-20% sky.

Waiting for the Galaxy tab S 2, if it has a beast of a octa-core Exynos 7420 processor like the s6 does and super amoled should be a winner for outside viewing. Rumors say next month.

As you are aware by now it has a weaker version of the exynos. Even my Nexus 6 phone with a snapdragon 805 scores pretty much identical to the new tab S2 and my nexus 6 does not run the GO app perfectly smooth so I dont expect the S2 to run it any better.

I know there are lots of discussions on what tablets could/should be used.
Curious if everyone could summarize the Pros & Cons of your Android Tablet.
Seems like there are always a few key areas of concern
  • Does it actually work with the DJI Pilot app?
  • How well does it keep up with streaming video
  • How does it perform in the sun
Personally I am most interested in the sun performance, I currently have/use Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" which does ok keeping up with the video but is extremely hard to see in the sun.

I have seen the Nvidia shield being fairly popular but I think I read somewhere it does not do well in the sun?

Also curious if anyone has a sun shield that works well with your tablet?
Seems like all the shields I have seen are for iPads

Thanks

just up graded to a Samsung tab e from a note 4 lot better in the sun still have to get a hood some day west Michigan sun seat
DJI_0149.JPG

Anyone know about this LG G pad? it's a cellular model

e71ab6d19bc3f8b6a02be4f7da3beb3f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I picked up a nexus 7 today and initial impressions are its a lot brighter in sunlight than my Lenovo Tab 2 A10. Its a smaller screen, but it is a lot better size for holding on the rc too.

Is anyone on here with a Tab S 10.5 (SM-T800) having issues with their compass and the DJI Go app? My compass is perfectly calibrated in Google Maps but is off by 90 degrees or so in DJI Go... I'm running Marshmallow 6.0.1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4