Andriod device disconnects, app stops working

Reaction score
I having a heck of a time with the app disconnecting and even the app stopping altogether. It seems there are others out there with this same issue. Has anybody really come up with an answer to the who and how this is doing what it's doing?

I have a Samsung Note 8 running 4.2.2. Pilot app is 1.1.0 and the P3 is on 1.1.9.

There is no cell phone in the device.
It has wifi and I have that turned off
It has a GPS and I have that turned off
I have no other apps running
Device is rooted

I know that my device is not on the recommended list. It should have all the processing power it needs to run the app flawlessly. Like I said has anybody some up with an answer to why?

If you too are having issues can you please list your device and specs. Maybe these is something in common and we can figure this out.

I know that my device is not on the recommended list. It should have all the processing power it needs to run the app flawlessly. Like I said has anybody some up with an answer to why?
Is it just crashing or is the FPV acting up? Which ROM are you running?

I'm using an iphone plus 6 with bluetooth turned off, and wifi turned off, everything updated with same issue....Hope someone find out whats causing. Gets annoying mid flight app states no signal, then eventually disconnected. Lately since new IOS pilot app it just hangs phone altogether and I have to reset phone (hold home and menu to restart) to get it back. Tried numerous ideas on various forums but nothing seems to fix it consistently.

I'm using an iphone plus 6 with bluetooth turned off, and wifi turned off, everything updated with same issue....Hope someone find out whats causing. Gets annoying mid flight app states no signal, then eventually disconnected. Lately since new IOS pilot app it just hangs phone altogether and I have to reset phone (hold home and menu to restart) to get it back. Tried numerous ideas on various forums but nothing seems to fix it consistently.
I am having issues with FPV on a rooted Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0. Can't seem to get any FPV video stream and I've had the app crash my phone several times. I've only had my P3 for a day, but the only way I've been able to fly it is with line of sight.

I am having issues with FPV on a rooted Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0. Can't seem to get any FPV video stream and I've had the app crash my phone several times. I've only had my P3 for a day, but the only way I've been able to fly it is with line of sight.
Doe you have anyone with a different type of android that will let you load the app and experiment? That way you may be able to tell if it is a phone problem. Also, I had to download the app from the DJI source-- the one on the Playstore was not the latest android version when I tried to download it.

When the iPad updated version came out-- I switched to my Ipad and have had very reliable results with that.-- I am not using my android device any longer.

I am going to see if I can try an Iphone the next time I go out and see if that resolves the issue. I pulled the SD card out and it did record my flights, so at least I know the camera is working.

I am going to see if I can try an Iphone the next time I go out and see if that resolves the issue. I pulled the SD card out and it did record my flights, so at least I know the camera is working.
make sure you get the IOS app from the DJI source.-- the latest version will be on the website.

I had a similar issue on my Galaxy Tab 4. I had downloaded the Pilot App from the Play Store. Dumped that one and downloaded it from the DJI site. No more problems. This does seem to be a somewhat common occurrence.

I had a similar issue on my Galaxy Tab 4. I had downloaded the Pilot App from the Play Store. Dumped that one and downloaded it from the DJI site. No more problems. This does seem to be a somewhat common occurrence.

The app have is 1.1.0 that I got form DJI's website

I flew my P3P for the first time yesterday using a Galaxy Tab S tablet. Near the end of the flight, the application locked up - freezing the display. I exited and restarted the app, but it still failed to work.

-- Roger

iPad Air. Same problem. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable seems to get the app working properly again....until the next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ipad mini 3 retina 64Gb and Samsung A5 both will disconnect after 5 mins of flight:

-have rebinded radio
-version 1.1.9
-app 1.1.2
-no wifi
-no bluethooth
-cellular data
-notifications off
-do not disturb on
-ipad out of case
-sun shade
-hardware decode on in ipad
-have set to custom quiet channel 4mbps
-restored ipad to factory settings

Still getting disconnected from the app
Video still freezes and pixelates
Happened to both devices

dont know what else to try...

I did notice that it seem to work "better" if I turned off the video cache... Only dropped out once on the note 8 during a 20 or so min. flight

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic