And yet another insurance question.

Reaction score
I have been with BWI but my problem is they charge about 700 per drone. Even though I fly only one at a time, the still want 700 per. Does anyone have a company that doesn't rape them on their back ups?

I have been with BWI but my problem is they charge about 700 per drone. Even though I fly only one at a time, the still want 700 per. Does anyone have a company that doesn't rape them on their back ups?

I'm not following your logic. My cars are insured "individually" as are aircraft. You probably get "reduced pricing" for multiple aircraft but unless you retire one I don't see why it wouldn't remain covered just like automobiles.

Reactions: Grumpy D
I have heard of car insurance policies that cover the driver (whatever vehicles he owns and happens to be driving at the time) but I've never had such a policy since I've never owned multiple cars. I would think a policy that covers the drone pilot and any drone he flies would be an easier policy to manage (calculate cost of providing the insurance). The premium would be based on the most expensive, highest performance, heaviest drone he owns but would cover all the others (less, expensive, lower performance, lighter, etc.). As the OP mentioned you can only fly one at a time.

I haven't researched insurance beyond the basic coverage you get with AMA membership (non-commercial use) which does cover the pilot regardless of the drone he/she is flying.

I'm not following your logic. My cars are insured "individually" as are aircraft. You probably get "reduced pricing" for multiple aircraft but unless you retire one I don't see why it wouldn't remain covered just like automobiles.
Because when you have 2 Identical drones and only fly one at a time, its silly to pay liability on a drone sitting in the case. There is no additional liability to anyone, me or the insurance company.

Because when you have 2 Identical drones and only fly one at a time, its silly to pay liability on a drone sitting in the case. There is no additional liability to anyone, me or the insurance company.

Of course there is. You have 2 hulls and in theory you could have someone fly with you (or for you) and fly multiples. We have backups for everything but our flagship sUAS and all are on our policy. I am the only Pilot/Operator but I could fly any given aircraft at any given time.

Simply remove the ones not in service and have them re-instated should you put them in service. If you're not flying the aircraft don't include it on your policy and call it a day.

Safe flights,
Allen

I have 2 cars, i can only drive 1 at a time but required to have insurance on both.

Reactions: BigAl07
Their are two organizations that are offering Liability insurance for $290 and includes all your drones. They say that they are looking into having hull insurance in the future (not sure how far in the future though). Here are the links to them. Hope this helps.

Society of International Drone Operators - https://www.dronesociety.org/
International Drone Racing Association - https://www.idra.co/

If you have State Farm in your area, give them a call. I insured my p4Pro V 2.0 for $60.00 a year. It covers everything including fly always and lost drones

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

If you have State Farm in your area, give them a call. I insured my p4Pro V 2.0 for $60.00 a year. It covers everything including fly always and lost drones

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF
They're discussing Liability Insurance. Your State Farm policy is most likely not that.

Reactions: BigAl07
No you’re right. It’s property damage only. I have liability insurance through my homeowner policy plus a large umbrella policy to cover any over runs on liability losses. I thought the original post was about DJI’s attempt at property loss. On that point no one can beat State Farm’s rate if they are in your area. Besides DJI had too many restrictions plus I certainly don’t trust them on anything except their drones which are the best by far.
Thanks for the information!

Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31