An good quality ND filters availible??

Reaction score
I know a couple companies have made ND filters for the p3p but most reviews I've seen have been negative. Anything out there that people are generally satisfied with?

Thanks

I bought some cheap graduated ND filters on ebay. Compared to the prices for famous names, they were amazingly cheap - about £4.50 for a pack of 3 in a good case. They came from China (where else . . .). They are made of plastic - so you can cut them to size if you are careful. While no doubt anyone who is an expert photographer would say they are not good enough, they certainly are adequate for my GoPro (Chinese copy)

See for example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-ND2-G-N...n-Nikon-LF2-/271640580264?hash=item3f3f0a50a8

I have had my PhantomFilters for about two weeks now and have used them on several flights. I am not a professional photographer, not even a good amateur one - but I am trying to learn.

Pros -
Lightweight gels that easily slip into the Phantom UV lens cover
4 different filters - ND2, ND4, ND8 and ND16 - that can be used based on the current lighting

Cons -
I have had difficulty removing the filters and have had to use a finger to the center to get it out - so will be looking for a way to clean my fingerprints off of them.

For the price, you can't beat this set of filters. They perform exactly as expected, cut down the light entering the lens and allow you to set the shutter speed lower to reduce/eliminate "jello". They really are a good deal.

Reactions: PhantomFilters
I've ordered some from Snake River for my P3P and will post when I receive/use them. I've used Polar Pro filters and my Hero4 Black and P2. I've been very pleased with them.

How do those attach to the lens?

The Phantom 2 Vision+ filters are attached with included double-sided tape-pads that attach to the aluminium rim around the P2V+ lens.

It works well, but is not as elegant as how the ND-filters and POL-filter installs inside the Phantom 3 UV-filter.

I heard the polar pro filters are pretty good. What do you guys think about them?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic