An example of bad compass calibration

The guy has no business even owning such an aircraft as the P3. To see even the 1st error message and not land. Then see multiple errors, as well as the odd flying behavior. Then his ignorance really takes over and he post his screw up on youtube.HAHAhahaha! rotflmfao......

Out of all seriousness though, this video should be used for the purpose of explaining the importance of doing a "proper compass calibration".

The guy has no business even owning such an aircraft as the P3. To see even the 1st error message and not land. Then see multiple errors, as well as the odd flying behavior. Then his ignorance really takes over and he post his screw up on youtube.HAHAhahaha! rotflmfao......

Out of all seriousness though, this video should be used for the purpose of explaining the importance of doing a "proper compass calibration".

I would agree as to landing right away when you see the initial issues and/or warnings - however I do also believe the whole reason behind his posting the video is for the sole purpose of explaining/importance of getting a good calibration prior to flying (just as you noted in the last sentence of your post) and not any "ignorance" taking over when he posted the video on YouTube.

He also admits in his commentary that it was "dumb" to keep flying and should have brought it back and landed. Despite the flying under those conditions being a bit nutty - I found the video to be informative and educational as to obtaining a proper calibration.

100% unrelated. You didn't have any local maps cached - that's got nothing to do with the compass.
And you can easily fly 100% safely without maps.

Iam pretty sure my setting are set to cache map. And either way if I'm flying with my cellphone which is always connected to Internet map should never disappear right ? First time this has ever happened ( 8 small flights)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Iam pretty sure my setting are set to cache map. And either way if I'm flying with my cellphone which is always connected to Internet map should never disappear right ? First time this has ever happened ( 8 small flights)
No ... the app deletes them sometimes.
You can cache them anytime you have wifi but you don't need maps to fly.
Again, this is not related to the compass.

Hello @FlyingDoDo welcome to the forum. Why was the yuneec a mistake? I thought it was a reasonable machine. Not as good as our Phantoms offcourse, lightbridge is and will stay king.
I have a Yuneec Q500+, and today it sits in the closet, rarely flown, since I got a phantom 3P. The Q500 flies ok but it's slow, only 17mph. The distance is poor, you must have an FPVLR antenna setup with amplifiers to go over a mile. It's to big too backpack, too difficult to travel with I'm airplanes. The 1080P CGO2 camera doesn't have enough camera control. It will over saturate color, because too little control.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl