Altitude and Heading in Attitude Mode

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the P2 attempts to hold heading (and altitude) when in Attitude Mode? I'm struggling with yaw 'wiggle' issues when shooting, even when in Attitude Mode. It seems like the compass is still active otherwise what is it correcting for? If so, does anyone have a suggested Yaw gain for a P2, H3-2D setup (stock TX)? I've experimented ad nauseam with all the gains and it just does not seem to make a difference. I hate having to go into post to correct for this any more than necessary. Or is this the whole reason for the 3D gimbal?

Thank you.

ScottH said:
Does anyone know if the P2 attempts to hold heading (and altitude) when in Attitude Mode? I'm struggling with yaw 'wiggle' issues when shooting, even when in Attitude Mode. It seems like the compass is still active otherwise what is it correcting for? If so, does anyone have a suggested Yaw gain for a P2, H3-2D setup (stock TX)? I've experimented ad nauseam with all the gains and it just does not seem to make a difference. I hate having to go into post to correct for this any more than necessary. Or is this the whole reason for the 3D gimbal?

Thank you.

ATTI is purely inertial. It has no heading or position. Easy to confirm by giving it a push and a spin.

ianwood said:
ScottH said:

Thank you.

ATTI is purely inertial. It has no heading or position. Easy to confirm by giving it a push and a spin.

Thank you Ian. So my jinking left and right as I drift downwind doing a dolly shot is due to something else it seems...

ScottH said:
ianwood said:
ScottH said:

Thank you.

Thank you Ian. So my jinking left and right as I drift downwind doing a dolly shot is due to something else it seems...

Trying to visualize jinking, but yes ATTI should only be keeping the P2 level and nothing more. So unless there is a lot of wind, something else might be at play. When you land, feel the motor housing to see if any are very hot. Gain settings too.

By jinking I mean the left to right twitch others seem to complain about. It's funny, I shot for years with a Tyler nose mount on a 206, and we'd get this all the time. It didn't bother me until I started using a 'toy' helicopter, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20