Altitude accuracy

Reaction score
let me preface everything by saying that I am a newbee and have only flowen my P2V less than a week and about 7 times.

I have noticed that my altitude as reported by my iPhone 4 DJI app, says I am always higher than what I believe. for example, today, I was actuall at about 60ft and it reported about 100 ft. is this normal?

I believe that the P2V uses barometric pressure to determine altitude (read that somewhere, don't know for a fact), if that's the case I am sure it is not very accurate. what is a normal tolerance +/- 20ft?

also, I think the reported altitude is from home position, not sea level, is that correct?

thanks for the experience!

The barometric sensor is inside the Naza flight controller, which sits on the middle of the main circuit board under the shell... right on top of a nice warm lipo battery! Air density decreases with temperature as well as altitude so that's probably got a lot to do with it, as well as ambient temperatures being higher in the summer anyway. And you're right, it simply takes the pressure at the moment of power up *** being effectively "zero" - so it's a measure of height, not altitude.

Pull_Up said:
The barometric sensor is inside the Naza flight controller, which sits on the middle of the main circuit board under the shell... right on top of a nice warm lipo battery!

Never thought about that. Whoops!
Thanks Pull_Up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj