Altimeter inaccurate, Blurry left side, DJI support

I'm having altimeter issues as well I have a p2 non vision with 1.08 firmware I have not installed the mini iosd yet so I cannot confirm actual altitude.. but I am having an issue when engaging rth... The phantom will NOT rise to 20m at all... It will return to home but will not rise....(very unsafe). I'm assuming this has to do with altimeter reading false values.... I have included a link to a thread I posted a couple of days ago.... Hopefully soneone has some info on altimeter reset....

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7828

mikeboruta said:
CaptainAustin said:
Please post something when you find out about the altimeter "reset". I'm a little doubtful that there is such a thing.

I wanted to follow up on this, in case anyone has to ship a P2V back for camera or altimeter problems:

I must admit that the customer service I received from DJI Los Angeles was very good. I shipped it to them on Dec. 30, It arrived on a Friday, Jan 3. They called me back on Tues. Jan 7 to say that it was fixed and I received it a week later. Each time I spoke to them I was dealing with the same person. Over the phone he didn't really go into detail as to how they fixed the altimeter, but when I got an email with re-binding instructions they said "We replaced the defective camera and flight computer for accurate altimeter readings." So, I'm guessing that fixing the altimeter problem was more serious than simply "resetting" something.

The new camera is much better. But, I dare say that now there is a slight blurriness on the right side. However, it is nowhere near as bad as the first left-side-soft camera I had. And from what I understand, a certain amount of edge-softness is to be expected from inexpensive fisheye lenses like this. I find that after doing a lens correction and small crop most of this softness is mitigated.

The altimeter now functions as it is supposed to and I've take a handful of flights without any problems. :)

Did you ever find what caused your altimeter issues or if there is a reset? I'm having the same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik