Alternative Goggles using P4P with HDMI output module?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pretty self explanatory title/post. The bulkiness and COST (especially) are very off-putting for the DJI Goggles and are the main reasons I wont purchase them. Clearly, you can go for an alternative...

I've seen a couple of other videos of other vlogers and what they do, so I am curious....what are you using if not DJI branded goggles AND utilising the HDMI output module? I want to make sure I investigate as many option as possible before buying particular set of goggles.

RoOSTA

You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles here. All of the goggles in that list will require that you've installed the HDMI output module on your remote controller. If you haven't already installed it, it can be done like this in about 5 minutes.

There really in no perfect goggles/glasses. All of them come with pros/cons. While I do enjoy my DJI Goggles, the Avegant Glyph headset is another option that I like.

FWIW, I own a majority of the goggles on the list I linked above.

Last edited:
While I do enjoy my DJI Goggles, the Avegant Glyph headset is another option that I like.

FWIW, I own a majority of the goggles on the list I linked above.

Thanks. Maybe you can share your views of your top 3 or 5 goggles and what you've found has the best/brightest displays (if inbuilt)? Best fit for a wider variety of phones, best weight, comfort etc? I'd like to learn a bit more about some of the more common ones other phantom pilots have

I own a pair of the Samsung Gear VR Oculus (2017) goggles...but no Samsung phone. I am COMPLETELY surprised there is not 1 developer with an app who can't trick a 'rooted' smartphone to trick the headset into thinking its a Samsung S7 or 8 (etc) so any android phones can be used inside the goggles as FPV for phantom pilots... A lot of those recommendations are also just as expensive as DJI...

Not all listed there require the HDMI output module - take that Epson example, it comes with what is effectively an android device that can use DJI Go, right?

RoOSTA

Last edited:
Not all listed there require the HDMI output module - take that Epson example, it comes with what is effectively an android device that can use DJI Go, right?
Right -- the Epson Moverio BT-300 does not require the HDMI output module. You must connect the glasses and remote controller to the included Android device.

However, the hdmi module continues to give video even if the app crashes, or isn't even connected. The controls for starting & stopping video, or taking stills etc still work - it's just that the menus aren't available to alter modes, format memory etc.

Hi,
I would say that none of the goggles requires the Hdmi module on the remote. I use the fatshark v3 connected to my Nvidia shield tablet, an excellent solution (while I'm waiting for my DJI goggles to be delivered;)
Cheers!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub