HDMI Output on p4p+ vs p4p with HDMI module added

Reaction score
Is the HDMI output on the p4p+ the same as the p4p with hdmi module added? In other words can you get 1080p out of both?

Yes it does. I've shot numerous Live News jobs outputting to a switch at 1080P. The HDMI module will only output at 720P.
Thanks Aerial! I have tried the goggles several times on my p4p with hdmi and have not had great success! Don’t know weather I am doing something wrong but I get a lot of interference both 2.4 or 5.6 to the point that I am not comfortable using them! Have a pair of Avagent Glypths that do the same thing! Can’t find anyone close to me to see if it’s just me or what!

Yes it does. I've shot numerous Live News jobs outputting to a switch at 1080P. The HDMI module will only output at 720P.
Could you please tell me how to make this Darn Thing Work! I have installed two Modules and I GET NOTHING!! And as always DJI Customer Support will not respond...They are already in Federal Court being Sued, I am about ready to add my name to the Court Case as well. I AM TIRED OF BEING IGNORED!

Last edited:
Could you please tell me how to make this Darn Thing Work! I have installed two Modules and I GET NOTHING!!
With my P4 I had to delete then reinstall GO to get it to work, I guess if the module is there GO will install the proper drivers. Also make sure in GO setting you select simultaneously output video to HDMI.

Reactions: P4PCommander
delete then reinstall GO to get it to work, I guess if the module is there GO will install the proper drivers. Also make sure in GO setting you select simultaneously output video to HDMI.
This is correct. I forget exactly where in the menu system the setting is, but a quick search will reveal where to find it and ensure you have it turned on after reinstalling GO. Some people have not had to do this but it sounds like your app has not recognized the new hardware installation. Remember, the module will output at 720p so do not expect 1080p.

Thanks Aerial! I have tried the goggles several times on my p4p with hdmi and have not had great success! Don’t know weather I am doing something wrong but I get a lot of interference both 2.4 or 5.6 to the point that I am not comfortable using them! Have a pair of Avagent Glypths that do the same thing! Can’t find anyone close to me to see if it’s just me or what!
I bought the DJI goggles and module to use with my P4P. I was really disappointed in the picture quality and discovered it would only output 720. No matter what I did I just couldn’t get a sharp crisp image. For 2 or 3 hundred I probably would have kept it but for what it cost all in I just couldn’t live with it and ended up returning it all. On the bright side I ended up using the money towards a MPP so in the end it was all good.

I bought the DJI goggles and module to use with my P4P. I was really disappointed in the picture quality and discovered it would only output 720. No matter what I did I just couldn’t get a sharp crisp image. For 2 or 3 hundred I probably would have kept it but for what it cost all in I just couldn’t live with it and ended up returning it all. On the bright side I ended up using the money towards a MPP so in the end it was all good.
I just put a module in my p4p . When I use the module usb out to goggles I get a choice of 1080p in goggles menu, but not with hdmi output.

I just put a module in my p4p . When I use the module usb out to goggles I get a choice of 1080p in goggles menu, but not with hdmi output.
Yeah the problem with that is you can't use the goggles and the app on a phone/tablet at the same time when the goggles are connected via usb. The only way to use both is with the HDMI going to the goggles.

Yeah the problem with that is you can't use the goggles and the app on a phone/tablet at the same time when the goggles are connected via usb. The only way to use both is with the HDMI going to the goggles.
Or usb to tablet(ie.ki nvidia) then hdmi from tablet to goggles

I bought the HDMI module and it seems to work as it should when camera is in video mode. In photo mode, it stutters.

I also have had some success with the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter, using it in direct access mode.

I've strongly considered purchasing the DJI Goggles and installing the HDMI Output Module in my P4P controller. However, I've read nothing but horror stories about it. Plus, I am turned off that the HDMI Output Module will not transmit a 1080 signal via HDMI. If I have to use USB then I may as well just plug directly into the goggles. I am a bit hesitant to do this and would prefer to have my iPad connected simultaneously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic