Alone

OOO

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your comments, contributions and criticism. Please watch in 4K.

1st version

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2nd version

Last edited:
Wow! Extremely good shots and editing as well. Very professional done.
I think that that areas are pretty wild and not settled as I see, so ideal for drone flying.

Reactions: MTO and OOO
Wow! Extremely good shots and editing as well. Very professional done.
I think that that areas are pretty wild and not settled as I see, so ideal for drone flying.

Thank you. Yes, very quite and peaceful place. It is very exciting to see that there are still trees at an altitude of 2800-3000 meters. I’ve never seen this before.

Beautiful, not a footprint in sight.................

Reactions: OOO
Beautiful, not a footprint in sight.................

This is the second version of my previous video. I like this version more. But I'm color blind and I might be wrong. What do you think? Which one should I keep? Thank you.

Wow, beautifully done!

This is the second version of my previous video. I like this version more. But I'm color blind and I might be wrong. What do you think? Which one should I keep? Thank you.
Ha ha, keep them both. I love the shapes of nature and the cause that made them that way. When I caved I loved how the water carved everything. How rooms had large pendants hanging from the ceiling. Cave pearls, rim stone dams, stalactites, stalagmites, ribbon formations, Etc
There is a feeling of awe when you see a cave that's never been seen by human eye.

Wow, beautifully done!

Thank you very much. I'm a hobbyist and relatively new to editing. Also I'm a color blind person. But I keep experimenting. As a professional photographer which version did you like more? Do you have any suggestion?

Beautifully done.

Thank you!

Ha ha, keep them both. I love the shapes of nature and the cause that made them that way. When I caved I loved how the water carved everything. How rooms had large pendants hanging from the ceiling. Cave pearls, rim stone dams, stalactites, stalagmites, ribbon formations, Etc
There is a feeling of awe when you see a cave that's never been seen by human eye.

Thank you my friend. I love everything about caves. Yes, it is really exciting to explore caves that are not yet well known. I love the shape of the landscape and the structure of the peaks in this region. In addition, I found it very interesting that there are still trees at an altitude of 2800-3000 meters. I have never seen this before.

Last edited:
Thank you in advance for your comments, contributions and criticism. Please watch in 4K.

1st version

2nd version

Both are nice videos and nicely done. To answer your question; Photography/Videography are a form of art and a message you want to send about your creativity. One can send a message a thousand ways in their work in either paintings, drawings, photos, videos etc.
How we see things is usually never mimicked exactly because each camera manufacturer has their idea of colors. There are many hue variances that each manufacturer can say is the closest to real life. However, still each person has their own idea of color. So, if you record in DLog, or cinematic, or Black and white and more, it is then your choice of the look you wish to distribute via your video. Cinematic tends to be a more smooth and warmer look which our movies of today tend to portray.
In your video’s, both are nicely done with the colors and mood they portray. However, It is your choice. Personally for me; I really like them both as I receive a different mood from both. But my preference is to the 1st Version. To me it is a bit different in warmth with a bit more color, and a bit more cinematic if you will. The 2nd version tends to be more realistic in it’s presentation with lesser color and a bit more depth in it’s shadows.
Possibly because of the movies we watch on the big screen and our televisions at home especially with commercials, we are bombarded with some of the brightest images and colors imaginable to gain our attention as well as to portray a certain mood. You have not gone to that extreme which makes your video’s both of them nicely done.
The end all is that it is up to the creator of said video/photo or what have you. What message do you want to send; how did you feel when you were there shooting that video. For me I prefer the 1st video. For others? It’s up to their perception of the feeling they derive from it. I can’t speak to your color blindness, but you have done a beautiful job in both and I feel you should choose the one that appeals more to your own mind and put it out there wherever out there is. Good luck to you and have fun droning!

Both are nice videos and nicely done. To answer your question; Photography/Videography are a form of art and a message you want to send about your creativity. One can send a message a thousand ways in their work in either paintings, drawings, photos, videos etc.
How we see things is usually never mimicked exactly because each camera manufacturer has their idea of colors. There are many hue variances that each manufacturer can say is the closest to real life. However, still each person has their own idea of color. So, if you record in DLog, or cinematic, or Black and white and more, it is then your choice of the look you wish to distribute via your video. Cinematic tends to be a more smooth and warmer look which our movies of today tend to portray.
In your video’s, both are nicely done with the colors and mood they portray. However, It is your choice. Personally for me; I really like them both as I receive a different mood from both. But my preference is to the 1st Version. To me it is a bit different in warmth with a bit more color, and a bit more cinematic if you will. The 2nd version tends to be more realistic in it’s presentation with lesser color and a bit more depth in it’s shadows.
Possibly because of the movies we watch on the big screen and our televisions at home especially with commercials, we are bombarded with some of the brightest images and colors imaginable to gain our attention as well as to portray a certain mood. You have not gone to that extreme which makes your video’s both of them nicely done.
The end all is that it is up to the creator of said video/photo or what have you. What message do you want to send; how did you feel when you were there shooting that video. For me I prefer the 1st video. For others? It’s up to their perception of the feeling they derive from it. I can’t speak to your color blindness, but you have done a beautiful job in both and I feel you should choose the one that appeals more to your own mind and put it out there wherever out there is. Good luck to you and have fun droning!
Very nicely said, you are a 100% on.?

I'm sorry for late reply. I've been busy filming a very deep canyon and I just got home. Thank you very much. You really made me very happy with this beautiful comment. I recall how little I know each time I read such comments. I'm learning a lot from you, and I'm certainly aware of how valuable this is.

I often reflect my current mood and feelings to my videos and sometimes I overdo it. My settings for the first video were D-Cinelike, 4K @ 30, and -3 / -3 / -3. I corrected the footage for exposure but didn’t change saturation, contrast and sharpness. The natural look of that area was exactly what it appears in the video. Recently, I realized that even when I set the settings to -3 / -3 / -3, the saturation, contrast and sharpness of the footage were still too much for me. Thus, I no longer make any changes to these parameters in post. In the second video, I wanted to try something different. I’m really happy that this video didn't receive a lot of negative feedback. I'll definitely keep trying.

hello if you dont mind I would give few advices from my point of view (25 years in 3D/ 2D animation / compositing / video editing)
for me video is almost perfect (version 1), I would just point on 3/4 segments

at 0.32 we see yellow tree from a distance,
after that we see flyby, yellow tree is in lower right corner but since the drone fly by after that we see the the mountain in the focus,
after that viewer would expect to see some detail of the mountain but we see the closeup of the tree which is not quite logical because tree just passed by in the previous scene

at 0.55 we see footage of the hill slope, direction is up right, after that next scene is down left which is not looking natural since movement is oposite, you should have one neutral scene in between

at 1.51 you have forward motion toward the peak of the mountain, after that at 1.56 we have backward motion of the same peak, you should have one or more neutral scenes in between because its not natural to have zoom in then zoom out of the same subject

from 0.13 to 0.28 you was flying forward the peak and had "fade" in of the mountain scene, at that point you "set up a rule" that when you move to object you ll do it with the fades, so its not consistent to cut scenes from 2.08 to 2.23 while you fly backwards, you should do fade in there too to keep the consistency

hope that you wont find this offensive, really like your video and therefore I provided the comments, I dont bother with the stuff that I dont like ;)

Best wishes thank you for sharing the awesome scenery of your country !

ps
also would mention that I like that you didnt overly boost the colours because the title of the video is "alone", and the nature that you filmed is indeed alone, for me being alone equals to more subtle, almost under saturated colours ... your color is right for me ;)

music and matching of the scenes with the music is great !

Last edited:
hello if you dont mind I would give few advices from my point of view (25 years in 3D/ 2D animation / compositing / video editing)
for me video is almost perfect (version 1), I would just point on 3/4 segments

at 0.32 we see yellow tree from a distance,
after that we see flyby, yellow tree is in lower right corner but since the drone fly by after that we see the the mountain in the focus,
after that viewer would expect to see some detail of the mountain but we see the closeup of the tree which is not quite logical because tree just passed by in the previous scene

at 0.55 we see footage of the hill slope, direction is up right, after that next scene is down right which is not looking natural since movement is oposite, you should have one neutral scene in between

at 1.51 you have forward motion toward the peak of the mountain, after that at 1.56 we have backward motion of the same peak, you should have one or more neutral scenes in between because its not natural to have zoom in then zoom out of the same subject

from 0.13 to 0.28 you was flying forward the peak and had "fade" in of the mountain scene, at that point you "set up a rule" that when you move to object you ll do it with the fades, so its not consistent to cut scenes from 2.08 to 2.23 while you fly backwards, you should do fade in there too to keep the consistency

hope that you wont find this offensive, really like your video and therefore I provided the comments, I dont bother with the stuff that I dont like ;)

Best wishes thank you for sharing the awesome scenery of your country !

ps
also would mention that I like that you didnt overly boost the colours because the title of the video is "alone", and the nature that you filmed is indeed alone, for me being alone equals to more subtle, almost under saturated colours ... your color is right for me ;)

music and matching of the scenes with the music is great !

The issue of how to organize the clips has always been a big problem for me. You have summarized the subject perfectly. That was exactly what I was looking for. After reading your comment, I watched the video once more and realized how right you were.

I learned most of the things I know about filming and editing from your criticism and comments. Therefore, such comments are extremely valuable to me. Please continue to do so for my videos. Again, many thanks for taking the time to make these detailed and very clear explanations.[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31