Aloha from Oahu

Should I keep my X Star Premium or jump ship to DJI Phantom 4 Pro?

• Keep the X Star Premium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol no worries! I'm sitting on the couch watching reviews right now while the daughter is napping. Once she wakes up it's time to head to Best Buy and make up my mind.

I'm still torn because I like the controller on the XSP and I like the removable gimble/camera. I'm not really worried about obstacle avoidance but I guess it's nice.

Random story but I was flying at sunset beach last night and while I was coming in to land a dude to the right of me ran his phantom into a tree and had to pull it out! It seemed like it got stuck in full throttle or something because he had trouble turning it off. It made me worry a bit but I think that's usually user error and not the drones fault.

Yea I've seen so many videos on people going to fast and not being able to control the drone. It's not a racing drone people lol

Lol no worries! I'm sitting on the couch watching reviews right now while the daughter is napping. Once she wakes up it's time to head to Best Buy and make up my mind.

I'm still torn because I like the controller on the XSP and I like the removable gimble/camera. I'm not really worried about obstacle avoidance but I guess it's nice.

Random story but I was flying at sunset beach last night and while I was coming in to land a dude to the right of me ran his phantom into a tree and had to pull it out! It seemed like it got stuck in full throttle or something because he had trouble turning it off. It made me worry a bit but I think that's usually user error and not the drones fault.
Trust me don't do it! DJI is the one man! And Im not a fan boy either. But they have the best going man.

Yea I've seen so many videos on people going to fast and not being able to control the drone. It's not a racing drone people lol
Haha very true but if you know how to fly it can be fun to go fast sometimes! I also just realized my XSP only goes 33 in GPS mode. I haven't tried it in ATTI mode yet... probably won't ever try that because I have to make this decision today!

Trust me don't do it! DJI is the one man! And Im not a fan boy either. But they have the best going man.
I'm about 90% made up my mind to switch over to DJI. I keep reading negative post on this site though... I should probably stop worrying so much and just pick something and start flying and creating content lol! I'm so wrapped up on tech it's making me not get out there and create. I know that the best camera is whatever you have with you but shoot I am just all hung up on specs.

Haha very true but if you know how to fly it can be fun to go fast sometimes! I also just realized my XSP only goes 33 in GPS mode. I haven't tried it in ATTI mode yet... probably won't ever try that because I have to make this decision today!
Sport mode is so awesome to get to your spots quickly! 40-50mph!

I'm about 90% made up my mind to switch over to DJI. I keep reading negative post on this site though... I should probably stop worrying so much and just pick something and start flying and creating content lol! I'm so wrapped up on tech it's making me not get out there and create. I know that the best camera is whatever you have with you but shoot I am just all hung up on specs.
Now your talking man! Go out and tear it up! Have fun! Life is too short to worry about it too much! LOL

Mahalo to everyone that took the time to give some advice! All of you guys being quick to respond and helping me out made my decision a little easier. It's nice to know there is an active forum for us to hang out in!

I went a little crazy but there are still a few things I need to pickup but I think this is a good start!
92b804b7c99b591f63ea4bb29dc2b0d3.jpg

Mahalo to everyone that took the time to give some advice! All of you guys being quick to respond and helping me out made my decision a little easier. It's nice to know there is an active forum for us to hang out in!

I went a little crazy but there are still a few things I need to pickup but I think this is a good start!
Now your talking! Enjoy!!

Dang you went all out lol HappyDroning!

I just sold my year old P4 to get a P4+, but it's a great bird, very stable, it would get some tremendous video of the pali

I too had problems with analysis paralysis with Autel vs Phantom. Ended up with refurbished P4 . Been out over 9k ft and back on lakes in Maine with 42% battery left on extra capacity battery. Felt it was worth the $ as the extra 3-4 mins saves a lot of stress doing long flights. I always fly upwind first. Handles 15 mph wind ez. Avg of two runs in opposite directions to nullify wind maxed at 46 mph. Just received parabolic range extender. Going for the full 5k -I hope.

I too had problems with analysis paralysis with Autel vs Phantom. Ended up with refurbished P4 . Been out over 9k ft and back on lakes in Maine with 42% battery left on extra capacity battery. Felt it was worth the $ as the extra 3-4 mins saves a lot of stress doing long flights. I always fly upwind first. Handles 15 mph wind ez. Avg of two runs in opposite directions to nullify wind maxed at 46 mph. Just received parabolic range extender. Going for the full 5k -I hope.
Yeah I still have hope for autel but right now I want the P4P's camera! I didn't get to fly yesterday but hopefully today after work I can get a few flights in. I am a RC plane and Heli guy so flying these things out of sight trips me out. Idk maybe one day I will do it but I always tend to at least keep it in sight. You are brave!

I had difficulty with the update on my P4P as many others. It is now updated properly. Had to delete cache on my Android and reinstall app. Also, make sure you use the cables provided with P4P and reboot Drone and Controller.
You will love the P4P. Trust me!!
Aloha nui.
I'm from Hawaii and return every year. :)

I had difficulty with the update on my P4P as many others. It is now updated properly. Had to delete cache on my Android and reinstall app. Also, make sure you use the cables provided with P4P and reboot Drone and Controller.
You will love the P4P. Trust me!!
Aloha nui.
I'm from Hawaii and return every year. :)
All I have done so far is download DJI Go 4 and charge the controller and batteries. I opened the app and registered but I haven't activated the drone yet. I haven't even turned it on yet! I did see the pop up for the Firmware but I just ignored. Should I try and update or just ignore and fly it like that?

All I have done so far is download DJI Go 4 and charge the controller and batteries. I opened the app and registered but I haven't activated the drone yet. I haven't even turned it on yet! I did see the pop up for the Firmware but I just ignored. Should I try and update or just ignore and fly it like that?
I might wait on update for a little while. They may issue another one that addresses some of the issues that several are having sounds like. Mine has been fine since update except for weird camera operation last night while flying in the dark of night. It did some weird gimble turning right at the landing gear and then just kind of drifting on its own. The camera I mean was drifting btw. Then after about a minute it stopped that and was fine. No clue on this. But my slight gimble twitch is gone now since update so that is good.

Yeah I might wait a bit on the update. I was going to fly last night but it wouldn't stop raining. I don't want to fly in the rain!

Hey everyone,

My name is Paul and I live in Oahu Hawaii and I am currently serving in the Hawaii Air National Guard. I have been flying RC planes and Helis for years now but finally just got into the drone game! I don't know why I took so long to get a drone but I love it so far.

I just wanted to introduce myself and also ask for some friendly advice. I just recently bought the X Star Premium and I love it but for some reason I keep thinking about the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Pro. I was about to buy the P4P when I noticed the X Star and I bought it instead. I have a few days before its to late to return it so I figured I would ask for some advice.

If anyone can answer my poll question or leave some advice that would be awesome!

Mahalo,

Paul

Hi Paul:

I have XStar Pro (Orange Pumpkin) It is a very good drone for the money. The Autel Customer Service is very good and I've always got a response to my questions. I also have a p4 and P4p. Both are good products but as always DJI customer service is in the toilet bowl.

How about putting up a video on YouTube of the Islands. You are really lucky, living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Take Care.

JT

I don't have any experience with your drone, but if it's comparable to the P3, the P4 would be a substantial jump. I bought my son a P3P last year. The gimbal blew us away, and we thought it was nothing short of incredible. I really like the sensors on the P4P, and he really likes the 4k/60 video capability. The tracking ability is also cool.

We were just vacationing in hawaii. We spent 5 days in Oahu and 3 days at the Big Island. We took the drone and got some fantastic footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor