Almost lost her to 40 MPH wind gusts

This was your first mistake RTH has way less pitch angle and power. Should have switched to ATTI and drove her home.
Go out on a calm day and give her hell and you will see even in gps mode she does over 30

But like we say in skydiving just because you can jump out of a plane, it doesn't make you a skydiver.
Some people don't handle changing circumstances quickly or well;)

I Do:eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:
Did you just switched to failsafe mode?? Lol

I have never hid the fact that I'm a hardcore Big Wind Flier with all my Phantoms. It provides a nice and scary adrenalin rush. Mastering the ability to fly in high wind conditions has taught me a lot about flight control in general. And flying the phantom's at different altitudes has really shown me how different the winds are especially below 175ft.

I have a professional Davis Weather Station that I use and log the wind conditions around the clock. It works great for monitoring the timing of the wind gust on the days I try improving my personal record for Top Speed Flights.

The Phantom 3 has a different flying characteristic with wind then the Phantom 2's. I have not yet had to fly directly into winds above 25mph to know what to expect from the P3 yet. The P2's would actually lose altitude the longer you held it at full throttle. The P3 appears to maintain altitude throughout the flight.

Stay away from flying in winds if you doubt your flying ability. If you have had 10-15 flights overall you should be ok with winds that are under 15mph. If there is wind gust taking place, just take notice of which direction they are coming from. As for wind direction at anytime you can hover in P-mode and switch it to A-mode long enough to see direction of travel. Switch it back to P-mode and it will be like hitting the brakes.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Man there sure is a strong smell of Testosterone in here today..... On another note I was out flying in sustained 15-20 mph with gusts to 30 due to a low pressure front, cooled us off down into the 70's for a few hours so I took the opportunity to run 3 batteries down and test the Shou install. 7-10 mph upwind, and 40mph downwind. No problems but sure not for new flyers, gets tricky in the turns sometimes.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
This is old videoI have And fly a stilleto 120 as i do video and demos so can't go much smaller D70122 and with 2 world records for large formations and many awards for accuracy competitions what you believe is irrelevant and this is way off topic anyway this is about p3 speed and not your lack skydiving skills
View attachment 23788

My lack of skydiving skills lol. I should have known you were a RW guy. Please be careful that all I say.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl