Almost cause a fly away

Reaction score
Well guys, I was trying litchi and finally got it working so, I was excited to test it out, I bought focus so, I tried, put focus click on the map, my house, OK everything is fine until I put start, the Phantom starts to fly away, really fast so I panicked, and put on position, it was at this point really far, I can see the Phantom and I press return home and after a few very long seconds it comes to me, o thank God

So I'm very much afraid to use litchi, it was just focus on one object

I calibrate the drone using the dji go a few days ago, imu everything was just perfect until litchi today

Any ideas?

Well guys, I was trying litchi and finally got it working so, I was excited to test it out, I bought focus so, I tried, put focus click on the map, my house, OK everything is fine until I put start, the Phantom starts to fly away, really fast so I panicked, and put on position, it was at this point really far, I can see the Phantom and I press return home and after a few very long seconds it comes to me, o thank God

I calibrate the drone using the dji go a few days ago, imu everything was just perfect until litchi today

Any ideas?
Did you upgrade the P3P firmware. I've had a few issues with features not working since I upgraded but nothing as bad as this.

That's a strange one, I use Litchi exclusively and it's been rock solid (fingers crossed). Did you have any stick input at all? Also, was it windy? Reason I ask is that when in Focus mode you're actually in atti so the Phantom will drift in wind.

Any ideas?
Strange... First of all, in automatic mode either litchi, go app or other always always keep you right finger available to switch from F mode to P or A. That will aLWAYS cancel any navigation control and move to position hold.
Your return to home reflex might not always be the best, cancel F mode will always do the trick.
Second: focus mode will trigger automatic flying, only automatic gimbal/yaw so it should not move at all only after you hit the sticks.
Either a problem, or maybe something else triggered it but it should not be litchi in focus mode that cause this.

That's a strange one, I use Litchi exclusively and it's been rock solid (fingers crossed). Did you have any stick input at all? Also, was it windy? Reason I ask is that when in Focus mode you're actually in atti so the Phantom will drift in wind.
?? Ati mode?, sure?, in F mode it is always GPS guided. Source??

I am using the DJI Go. All software updated on Ipad, firmware and drone updated. I am very new to this, so I calibrated the compass, got the gps signals established. Message said safe to lift off. As soon as I did, I heard the audible "Ati mode...Ati mode" and away if went. I was in full panic mode. The status line turned RED and all I could do was adjust the camera to try to see where it was heading. Of course, it was over water, so if it crashed it would drown. I hit RTH, and it did respond. It was about a mile away, so it took quite awhile to return. I recalibrated the compass, and flew again and everything seemed fine. Any ideas what might have happened and how to prevent in the future? What causes the change to Ati mode besides the switch?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl