All seems a bit strange to me...

Reaction score
So I look on eBay all the time looking for deals on drones that need fixing or are just cheap! (And yes, I make sure the seller has good feedback and make sure they are not scammers Lol) Then I fix them, test them, and finally, sell 'em. There have been many times when I've seen ads that are an auction, but I scrolled down to the description and saw this:
a.jpg
"Hmm... Why not just put it for buy it now in the first place?" I ask myself. I have seen this on many sellers ads. So I got thinking, Could someone be hacking eBay accounts?

For example, just earlier I saw this one. Seems cheap yes, but people start auctions at low and people bid like crazy! Not only have I seen the same description before from a different seller, I have also seen the pictures in a different ad before, from a different seller, a while ago.

I don't know, all seems a bit strange to me.

**[Just to make it clear, I was not at all thinking of buying from them.]

Last edited:
"Hmm... Why not just put it for buy it now in the first place?" I ask myself. I have seen this on many sellers ads. So I got thinking, Could someone be hacking eBay accounts?
that's a sure sign of a scammer and probably using a hacked account.
He doesn't want to deal through Ebay and wants to bring in gullible suckers to steal from.
Report it to ebay and it should disappear

I sell a lot on eBay, never deal with a seller outside of eBay, you have no buyer protection doing this. Agreed with Meta4 report it right away, selling outside of eBay is against their policy and the seller will get banned after multiple attempts to do so.

Anytime an ebay ad has an outside email or contact it is a scam. They hack accounts in good standing and have you pay them with an alternative contact to avoid detection and they dupe the buyer with the good feedback. Don't fall for it, in fact, please report that ad. The real owner of the account probably has no idea what is going on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor