All airline traffic was stopped at Arlanda Airport because of drone

Reaction score
All airline traffic was stopped at Arlanda Airport(Sweden) because of drone observation over the airport. All traffic was stopped and planes had to circle while police was looking for the operator and the drone. An hour later the traffic was again open.

So far it seems the drone operator haven't been found..

Source:
All flygtrafik stoppad på Arlanda

I love threads like this.

You guys are happy to jump on planes and trust that the crew on the flight deck are competent, trust worthy individuals that function well as a team. You trust their judgement to fly the aircraft and to ensure the safety of the passengers. You trust their ability to interpret and react to situations that only years of training can prepare them for. You trust their 20/20 vision to read a vast array of instruments and their brains for the ability to process that information incredibly quickly - otherwise you would never get onto a plane.

Why is it then, that when one (or more) of these highly trained individuals (that you are willing to trust implicitly) turns into a complete moron who can't tell the difference between a bird, a weather balloon and a carrier bag the first time they report a drone flying illegally in their vicinity?

:D :D

Reactions: Mads
How can a plane traveling at 500MPH even have a pilot that can spot something at that speed lol

How can a plane traveling at 500MPH even have a pilot that can spot something at that speed lol

Actually it's not that difficult to spot objects from aircraft. Firstly, on arrival and departure, the aircraft are moving more slowly - less than 200 mph on approach. It's easy to see and identify birds in that phase of flight, so why not UAVs?

Secondly - as another way to think about it - consider that speed relative to a car on an interstate. The aircraft is moving 3x faster. Equating visual angle subtended, in terms of relative speed and motion, do you think you might notice a shiny object one third the size of a Phantom on the road, or flying past you, while driving on an interstate?

This has probably been beaten to death, but the recent drone siting in my neck of the woods was spotting by two planes that were coming in for landings. One was a Cessna, so it's speed was probably around 90-80 mph. The drone was sited at the same altitude, about 1000 ft. At 90 mph, you should be able to a drone if it's in your field of vision.

I love threads like this.

You guys are happy to jump on planes and trust that the crew on the flight deck are competent, trust worthy individuals that function well as a team. You trust their judgement to fly the aircraft and to ensure the safety of the passengers. You trust their ability to interpret and react to situations that only years of training can prepare them for. You trust their 20/20 vision to read a vast array of instruments and their brains for the ability to process that information incredibly quickly - otherwise you would never get onto a plane.

Why is it then, that when one (or more) of these highly trained individuals (that you are willing to trust implicitly) turns into a complete moron who can't tell the difference between a bird, a weather balloon and a carrier bag the first time they report a drone flying illegally in their vicinity?

:D :D

Exactly! Now think why people do not belive Pilots reporting seeing UFOs ? :D Of topic, but got another case in Norway where a pilot spotted a drone at 6000feet.
Rutefly passerte drone i 6000 fots høyde over Oslo: – Livsfarlig og strengt ulovlig

I wont bother translating it, it just shows how idiotic some people are and mostly the comments are, like you said... ignorant.

Just automatically translated it and it seems like its our old lady in london
1504319207141.jpg

This has probably been beaten to death, but the recent drone siting in my neck of the woods was spotting by two planes that were coming in for landings. One was a Cessna, so it's speed was probably around 90-80 mph. The drone was sited at the same altitude, about 1000 ft. At 90 mph, you should be able to a drone if it's in your field of vision.
The problem is all those drone sightings are likely just UFOs from another world. They come in all sizes. They've been coming to Earth for centuries. They're monitoring our progress as humans. But since nobody believes in UFOs, today they have a new object to blame, DRONES, which everyone believes in. :D

Reactions: mike357

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl