Alfa range mod complete.

Reaction score
Got the Alfa mod completed tonight. I'm not necessarily looking for more range as I've already discovered that even stock out of the box, the battery was my only limit. What I'm looking for is just a more solid signal around my house/neighborhood. I'll give her a test run later tonight. In my excitement to get the mod done, I forgot to charge a battery, LOL.

20170401_190814.jpg

I have those. Absolute best bang for the buck. I get amazing signal past three miles.

Reactions: Matts175
Have you found any better deals on the cables? I paid like $22 for them. And they shipped slow as molasses. I even sent the guy an email and "beached" at him for sitting on my order for 5 days before shipping.

So the P3P is going to need to be modded? You sold all your mods with the standard so you are starting over?

So the P3P is going to need to be modded? You sold all your mods with the standard so you are starting over?

It didn't NEED to be modded. It went over 3 miles right out of the box (in a clear, interference free area). I'm just the type of guy that can't leave anything alone. These did, however, help when I'm flying in my neighborhood. Lots and lots of wifi devices over here. I was able to go a full mile, despite the interference. Out of the box, I was losing video at about 4000 feet.

Any of the items from the standard that transferred over, I kept. Such as gimbal guard, leg extensions. Inspire tablet holder, tablet shade/hood, 2 extra batteries and 4 battery hub. I then sold the standard, basically stock with the exception of 2 Alfas (for 2.4ghz) and the YKS 5.8ghz antenna. Sold it to my buddy for $350.

Nice ! I'm almost out of warranty and want to do this. Is it difficult to install?

Nice ! I'm almost out of warranty and want to do this. Is it difficult to install?

Warranty, smorranty, LOL. I haven't even had mine month.

Well. Depends on your electronics skill level, but I wouldn't say difficult, just tedious. It took me an hour from start to finish. I think that hardest part was "popping" the stock antennas out. WOW, they are tight. I was scared to break my remote.

Here is a how to video:

Here is another (it's in Chinese or something, but it's translated with captions):

It didn't NEED to be modded. It went over 3 miles right out of the box (in a clear, interference free area). I'm just the type of guy that can't leave anything alone. These did, however, help when I'm flying in my neighborhood. Lots and lots of wifi devices over here. I was able to go a full mile, despite the interference. Out of the box, I was losing video at about 4000 feet.

Any of the items from the standard that transferred over, I kept. Such as gimbal guard, leg extensions. Inspire tablet holder, tablet shade/hood, 2 extra batteries and 4 battery hub. I then sold the standard, basically stock with the exception of 2 Alfas (for 2.4ghz) and the YKS 5.8ghz antenna. Sold it to my buddy for $350.
So i could leave amps and itelite on standard and install argtek and alfa 2.4's on pro? Just leave 5.8 off? Hmmm I have all this now.. Just need the pro..

Warranty, smorranty, LOL. I haven't even had mine month.

Well. Depends on your electronics skill level, but I wouldn't say difficult, just tedious. It took me an hour from start to finish. I think that hardest part was "popping" the stock antennas out. WOW, they are tight. I was scared to break my remote.

Here is a how to video:

Here is another (it's in Chinese or something, but it's translated with captions):

At least you flew yours before you modded. Weather was so nasty when I bought standard I modded before first flight. Not again..

Matt, how big a difference with the new alpha's?
I've got my wiring, waiting for an antenna..

Big difference in the city. They just keep it more solid, rather than in/out/in again.

I took this beautiful picture 1 mile away from my house:

17632024_10211053335283237_8244046339469018514_o.jpg

Reactions: wolf~928 and Pete43
Matt, did you use the argtek base on your p3s? That's what I've ordered. Gonna try the alfas as well,,,that's an awesome pic,,

Matt, did you use the argtek base on your p3s? That's what I've ordered. Gonna try the alfas as well,,,that's an awesome pic,,

No I just drilled holes and used RP-SMA to u.fl connectors. The ARGtek base is a much better idea though. I wish I would have done it that way instead. Much cleaner install and completely reversible if ever needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl