Airport Contact Question

Lol really? I kinda knew there'd be a you on here sayin something like this.Nothing fly's over my house lower than 4 to 5000 feet. My RTL is 200 feet. I know some of you are Joe pro pilots that just happen to only fly drones! I live in the country. Like I said before COMMON SENCE.If your particular circumstances are not like mine then don't do it. There's no such thing as the drone cops that will send black opps helicopters after you unless you're really stupid and flying where you have no business flying then you deserve what comes your way. You do what you do and I'll be a big boy and do what I do...

Get upset much?

It was just some solid advice... take it or leave as you wish. No need to be all snarky.

No tower.. But the one in Frederick md does have a tower and I do call them if I'm flying by there.
The one without a tower would either be class G or class E then (just a guess unless it underlies or is in airspace the belongs to a major airport) and if I remember correctly there is no notification required, just be aware that you are responsible for avoiding any low flying traffic.

Also you are near the DC area which has it's own rules for drones, and that may be the reason for the 24hr notice. The regulations are still evolving.

Last edited:
The one without a tower would either be class G or class E then (just a guess unless it underlies or is in airspace the belongs to a major airport) and if I remember correctly there is no notification required, just be aware that you are responsible for avoiding any low flying traffic.

Also you are near the DC area which has it's own rules for drones, and that may be the reason for the 24hr notice. The regulations are still evolving.
I'm a good bit away from the no fly zone in DC. I have the Airmap app I check . DC's rules are simple.. NO FLY BIG RED CIRCLE.

"Joe pro"? Hey, @BigAl07, ever thought about changing your handle? "Joe Pro" has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

LOL @RunningWithScissors I just spewed my soda from LOL so hard at that one.

I may have amassed many many hours logged and a small amount of aviation knowledge but I'm far from what I would call a "Drone Pro". I'm more of a "Wanna-Be" Drone Pro. Maybe one day when I grow up a little and get more knowledge under my belt I'll change my handle to something cool and flashy like that. I guess for now it's best I stick with BigAl07 just to be safe :)

Seriously thanks for the laugh. I cracked up reading your comment there LOL.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WI.Drone pilot