Airmap Token

Reaction score
I'm going to fly near the edge of Class B airspace. I got LAANC authorization with a max of 200' thru Airmap and received a confirmation number and a verification token.
I'm assuming that I will have to enter that token in GO4. Since I have never done this, where do I enter the token?
GO4 4.1.8
RC 01.04..01.00

You don’t. You just have to apply to unlock through go4 if your drone won’t fly (if you updated the no fly zones)

The app will prompt you if you want to unlock.

You can also apply before hand on DJI website but I’ve never gone that route so can’t help you there

Oh, if you have a + version like I do, you’ll have to have access to WiFi. Make your cell a hot spot or use WiFi from vehicle etc.

Thanks Adam, I think the problem I had in the past was that I didn't have WFI access so I never got the prompt to unlock. I'll use my cell as a hotspot. I'm still curious what the token is for.

Are you referring to the automated authorization # like attached? Or are you referring to the security token thing airmap sends to your phone the first time just to verify the phone is connected to you?
CB1814AF-EEF0-42A5-8EA3-B1F1A3B8FE13.png

I record the FAA authorization in my ledger, and the token is a once and done thing that just links your phone to your account I believe.

Oh, so that's what the token is for. So the LAANC authorization is just some paperwork for me, never to be entered in the GO APP. So what good is LAANC if I can just accept responsibility in the app and fly

Oh, so that's what the token is for. So the LAANC authorization is just some paperwork for me, never to be entered in the GO APP. So what good is LAANC if I can just accept responsibility in the app and fly

Because when you accept responsibility, you’re saying you’ve received the prior FAA authorization. I document those authorization #’s, for if/ when Uncle Sam comes knocking ?

That is exactly what they're for. If Johnny Law shows up, it saves a ton of 'splainin' to have the FAA approval on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic