AirMagic Drone Photography App?

Hi, if you have had no experience with photo software ie. Photoshop, or other post-production adjustments, then Air Magic might iron out the wrinkles from any still shots you'll make. I took a look at a sample of Air Magic online, basically, these are pre-set adjustments to brighten and color enhance images with a one-click operation. The cost is appropriate to help wow your friends. I have owned my own photography business for thirty years. I know a few things cause I've seen a few things. Good luck.
Sample-Mixed-drone-collection-30-.jpg

I have been using Picasa for many years and it does a fantastic job.....for free. I import all my P4 photos into Picasa. Picasa has been discontinued and not supported, but still works. This program looks like it does much better at correcting a photo.
Would love to see a program that would have the same effect for my videos! Wouldn't that be fantastic! Drop the photo in the app and poof...auto correction.

Reactions: Bwsago
I've just finished beta testing the latest release of AirMagic and I'm very happy with the results. The AI they are using to enhance the skies, show details and boost colors does a very good job. It is very automated with the ability to apply styles and to adjust how much of the style is applied a specific photograph. This is a tool I would use to create something quickly and easily to send my friends. I can also see myself sharing it with clients and then on the photographs they special editing, I would use my primary editing software and work on those. I worked with both jpgs and DNG Raw files.

Here's an example from one of my drone images.
Before
black-velvet-canyon-before-jpg.109633

After
Black Velvet Canyon After.jpg

Attachments

• Black Velvet Canyon Before.JPG
    Black Velvet Canyon Before.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 730
Reactions: dirkclod
Received an email about pre-ordering the application $39 USD.
Any thoughts or suggestions for this or other photo apps?
Thanks to all.
I preordered it and got this in a mavic thread on it . Was going to get the 39 buck one then was showed this
Photolemur Store is only 19 there and has the free stuff also .

$19 seems like a pretty good deal from Photolemur. It says pre order, so does that mean it is not available yet? Could not find info on that. If released later....when is "later"?
With Picasa I can crop, correct for horizinal offsets, make many adjustments to the extent of what looks good to me. Doesn't look like I would have any control as to the outcome from Airmagic.
Anyone have experience with Airmagic?

$19 seems like a pretty good deal from Photolemur. It says pre order, so does that mean it is not available yet? Could not find info on that. If released later....when is "later"?
With Picasa I can crop, correct for horizinal offsets, make many adjustments to the extent of what looks good to me. Doesn't look like I would have any control as to the outcome from Airmagic.
Anyone have experience with Airmagic?

Here's from an earlier post.
I've just finished beta testing the latest release of AirMagic and I'm very happy with the results. The AI they are using to enhance the skies, show details and boost colors does a very good job. It is very automated with the ability to apply styles and to adjust how much of the style is applied a specific photograph. This is a tool I would use to create something quickly and easily to send my friends. I can also see myself sharing it with clients and then on the photographs they special editing, I would use my primary editing software and work on those. I worked with both jpgs and DNG Raw files.

Also, Jim Nix has a preview of it here.

About your pre-order question, they are saying March 21, 2019 release.

If you are looking for more editing control than I describe above then apps like Lightroom, Luminar 3 might be a better choice.

Hope that helps.

AirMagic from Skylum is a quick processing option for drone photographers. You just have to open the photos in this software and the software will do an auto processing and you can apply any predefined style which comes with this software.
You can have a look at the Before/After images with the review over here: Skylum AirMagic Review

I own Luminar from Skylum. It is a nice program but everyone who has some experience with Photoshop or something like that, knows how to get better and creative results.

AirMagic could have been a valuable addition if the program works with moving images (eg. MPEG or .MOV). Now it is only a Luminar version with filters for aerial photography.

All I can say is WOW. The photos pop, they all come out looking much improved and with lots of color. That fact that you can do it quickly by batching them. I like to take a lot of shots and then get rid of ones I do not like. Now I can choose from photos that are fixed in post. The price is ridiculously low compared to say Premier pro (video editing) which is $20 a month or lightroom $10/month. Here you own it. Hope they come out with a version for video. Yes you can get other software and spend more time on each photo and do more adjustments. But how many people will really tell the difference? And is that where you make your money fixing up photos. These photos I get now are more than enough to impress people, and believe me they are impressed. I know you can edit in light room and then apply the settings to all the photos in your folder, but airmagic can do it quickly, and it looks great. This is money well spent.

Reactions: TAG-DRONES
If you are batching a lot of photos and/or don't want to spend a lot of time post-processing AirMagic is a decent app (based on the examples — my computer is a generation too old to run it.)

You can do everything it does in Photoshop or a similar editor*, but if you don't want to spend the time and/or don't have the post-processing skills then it is probably worth $40 — certainly worth the $20 price (IMO, anyway).

*Such as Affinity Photo: 90% of Photoshop's capabilities for $80 flat fee, no subscription.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31