Aircraft Status Indicator Light

Reaction score
I have noticed that ever since upgrading to the newest pilot app, my Aircraft Status Indicator light is grey all the time and that the status always shows normal. The Indicator light used to flash all the time, and I distinctly recall the status used to say "warming up" when I first power up the p3p. I have already deleted the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail. I have flown several times since the upgrade without issue, but it still troubles me...
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes I would say that's relevant information, sorry, not enough sleep :).
Nvidia Shield running KitKat/Android.

I have noticed that ever since upgrading to the newest pilot app, my Aircraft Status Indicator light is grey all the time and that the status always shows normal. The Indicator light used to flash all the time, and I distinctly recall the status used to say "warming up" when I first power up the p3p. I have already deleted the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to no avail. I have flown several times since the upgrade without issue, but it still troubles me...
Any thoughts?
Try rebinding the controller.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Try rebinding the controller.

Thanks for the suggestion. There's nothing about binding in the manual, and searches only seem to give results for the P2. Do you rebind the same way as a P2, if not, would you mind telling me how please? Thanks...feeling hopeful :)

Thanks for the suggestion. There's nothing about binding in the manual, and searches only seem to give results for the P2. Do you rebind the same way as a P2, if not, would you mind telling me how please? Thanks...feeling hopeful :)
I think it's called "connecting your controller" in the manual.

I found it, it's called "linking the remote controller". I was searching for the word "bind". I'll give this a try when I get home. Thanks!

Successfully re-linked the controller, made no difference to the status indicator. Any other ideas?

Guess I'll just wait for the next firmware update and see if that fixes it...

Guess I'll just wait for the next firmware update and see if that fixes it...
Try a different device. Sounds like your app got jacked up at some point.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Any thoughts?
A have the news about problem with Aircraft Status Indicator Light in Android app ver 1.2.0. Ок. 1.Tonight a make a test. I take 3 different devices: supported Google Nexus( Acer) , non-sertified to support Samsng Galaxy S4mini & Nvidia Shield Tablet. 2. Download directly from DJI site DJI PILOT 1.2.0( android) install and connect to drone. Aircraft Status Indicator Light was grey on ALL devices!!! 3 Then I search to web and find out DJI PILOT 1.0.10( android), and install .ark to all my devices. When a connect one for another all devices to my Phantom3 pro(ver 1.2.16) I see that in all cases Aircraft Status Indicator Light was alive and indicate status of drone well.

A have the news about problem with Aircraft Status Indicator Light in Android app ver 1.2.0. Ок. 1.Tonight a make a test. I take 3 different devices: supported Google Nexus( Acer) , non-sertified to support Samsng Galaxy S4mini & Nvidia Shield Tablet. 2. Download directly from DJI site DJI PILOT 1.2.0( android) install and connect to drone. Aircraft Status Indicator Light was grey on ALL devices!!! 3 Then I search to web and find out DJI PILOT 1.0.10( android), and install .ark to all my devices. When a connect one for another all devices to my Phantom3 pro(ver 1.2.16) I see that in all cases Aircraft Status Indicator Light was alive and indicate status of drone well.
Thank you for testing this! I am glad to know this issue is not specific to me, it certainly sounds like a bug in the current version of DJI Pilot. Hopefully they'll release a new version soon!

Thank you for testing this! I am glad to know this issue is not specific to me, it certainly sounds like a bug in the current version of DJI Pilot. Hopefully they'll release a new version soon!

Today I've recieved this comment. So that means they support the issue. I think

Support3 EU
(DJI)
Jul 7, 12:51
Hello, yes the firmware will release shortly.
Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Reactions: ctp
Now, I have the same issue... After the new firmware update several days before, now on every turning on, I got a message "aircraft warming up". And, this warming up takes a few minutes. Before, aircraft was ready to fly after fey seconds.
Please help

Now, I have the same issue... After the new firmware update several days before, now on every turning on, I got a message "aircraft warming up". And, this warming up takes a few minutes. Before, aircraft was ready to fly after fey seconds.
Please help
try to do IMU caliration with yr P3 as cold as possible, same happen to me too, it used to took around 4min+ but now around under 20sec.

Not sure how this is the same issue...you need to do a cold imu calibration. Let the phantom cool down, then put it in front of an a/c vent (in the car works good) and let it get chilly. Then power it on (make sure you have the app already open and ready to go) and do an imu update as fast as you possibly can!

As a side note (since I'm on this thread), the status light issue I had previously was fixed with a firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31