Aircraft say it's disconnected after updating firmware

Reaction score
I just got a phantom 4 and it was flying fine until i updated the firmware now it say aircraft is disconnected and I can't seem to get it to woe anymore

Any ideas?

I haven't even got started before head banging with update obstacle. With brand new Phantom 4 I went through the instructions to get my gadget airborne and yet again the written instructions and reality collided. When I aquired my software for my iPhone and connected that with the controller unit (as instructed) the system huzzled for a while and declared that I must update its firmware a.s.a.p. That was exactly what I did and the next instruction was to connect the phone-cable to the drone itself. I did that too and another firmware update started. Along with that update message came also release notes, stating on page 2 that if you didn't powerdown/repower your control unit there MIGHT BE SOME TROUBLE connecting to it after firmware update on drone. Good advice, but somewhat late to be useful. The end result is that both controller and drone has been updated for firmware but they do not communicate with each other at all.

How can I re-install the firmware to both units? If I just ask for "check updates" both units declare to be running the latest firmware and do nothing. How can I re-establish the connection with my controller unit and drone?

Is there a method by which a "factory settings" including firmware can be set?

I haven't even got started before head banging with update obstacle. With brand new Phantom 4 I went through the instructions to get my gadget airborne and yet again the written instructions and reality collided. When I aquired my software for my iPhone and connected that with the controller unit (as instructed) the system huzzled for a while and declared that I must update its firmware a.s.a.p. That was exactly what I did and the next instruction was to connect the phone-cable to the drone itself. I did that too and another firmware update started. Along with that update message came also release notes, stating on page 2 that if you didn't powerdown/repower your control unit there MIGHT BE SOME TROUBLE connecting to it after firmware update on drone. Good advice, but somewhat late to be useful. The end result is that both controller and drone has been updated for firmware but they do not communicate with each other at all.

How can I re-install the firmware to both units? If I just ask for "check updates" both units declare to be running the latest firmware and do nothing. How can I re-establish the connection with my controller unit and drone?

Is there a method by which a "factory settings" including firmware can be set?
If you have checked that the latest versions you have downloaded are listed in the 'about' section of the app, you may need to simply re link the AC and RC. This can be done through the app.

How do I do that with iPhone app? I haven't seen any re-link button or command.

How do I do that with iPhone app? I haven't seen any re-link button or command.
In the app (top right hand corner, three dots) go to remote controller settings and you will see the option to re-link.
Do you have a green light on both the controller and drone?

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home from work. That place is not the most obvious place to look, but hey.... now I'm that much wiser.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home from work. That place is not the most obvious place to look, but hey.... now I'm that much wiser.
Most of the settings you need are in the app, I have spent quite a bit of time digging through it and I always check the basic settings like RTH, max distance, OA and other areas whilst waiting for the IMU to warm up prior to flight. Takes about 10 seconds and gives me some peace before I unleash the dogs....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing