Aircraft performance will be limited if dont you activate again

Reaction score
Anyone has any clue of what is coming ? This stinks....

IMG_8629.JPG

This sort of behaviour will see the downfall of DJI. This is overpowering and puts me off future products.
Next they will be saying you must have a microchip implanted so ur drone can find you.

Reactions: Ed_2020
Why does it stink?
Because it's limiting something you paid for and they still have control over your purchase.
It's like buying a vehicle from a dealer but they release a new software update for the on board audio system but then saying to the vehicle owner. Anyone not getting this software update will have functionality of their vehicle reduced.
It's dirty and I don't like it!!!

Reactions: Axised and Ed_2020
So, don't upgrade to the new version!

Reactions: sar104
Hopefully DJI will explain what updates are involved in this new one, especially if it is mandatory to make the drone flyable.

AD

Hopefully DJI will explain what updates are involved in this new one, especially if it is mandatory to make the drone flyable.

AD
Doesn't say that updating is mandatory, just 'logging in' after upgrading. Sounds similar to registering and activating a new bird.

Once in a while Go 3 prompts for login even though there was no update. Usually that's during flight log sync though.

It says international???
I guess since the FAA has had their hand slapped as to registration, DJI is doing it for them

As for restricting things, I believe it said that if you don't update, "flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high." That ain't much.

I don't like it either. Maybe the next Hardware upgrade will have to be to another brand name.

If you don't update (I have not updated anything for over a year) then you won't see the restrictions as long as you aren't connected to wifi or internet is my thought.

Reactions: The Suburban Hippie
I think they are implementing this because ISIS are using DJI drones to do their dirty work in Afghanistan.

it sounded to me like when you upgrade, the app will provide some airspace information so you are aware of where you are flying. I think you can just click to override and fly. Of course when you do that, you should have the proper authorization/approval/ acknowledgment/ whatever. Doesn't sound like a big deal. Actually an improvement. Once you have been informed, it removes DJI from the liability because you consciously took responsibility.

Reactions: loonie01
They are asking "nicely" right now. Then they will make it mandatory like they did with the update a few months ago.

Seeing that they are tying it to your profile location AND actual location, what happens when you travel to a different country... does it revert back to "beginner" mode because your location now doesn't match your profile location?
This bothers me a lot because I bought it and now they want to limit what I can do with it? If you fly in Atti mode will it go back to begging mode because it can't figure out my location? And I am supposed to trust DJI to not screw up their software AND keep track of every country's laws?
So much wrong with this. If I fly over a mountain ridge and it thinks I am higher than a certain distance above ground level will it just limit me and let me crash?

Scary

So much wrong with this. If I fly over a mountain ridge and it thinks I am higher than a certain distance above ground level will it just limit me and let me crash?
So much is wrong with people getting over excited about assumptions that they have no evidence to base them on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl