Aircraft not getting remote controller signal

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 3 Advanced out last year to fly for the first time in quite a while. I updated firmware on the drone and the controller (then later read where people say if the drone is working, don't update the firmware! Oops). Then when I tried to fly it, no joy. The remote controller seems fine. The status light on it is green when the drone is powered up and it gets a video signal from the drone. However, the drone is not happy. The rear status indicators rapidly flash yellow and the controller won't start the motors up.

I've reconnected the remote controller to the drone multiple times and the controller indicates it has connected but it still won't start the drone. From what I've read, I suspect I may have mismatching firmware on the controller and drone but if so, I don't know how to fix that. The remote controller is running version 1.9.2. I don't know how to tell what version the aircraft is running... Found this forum a while back and hope someone can help me figure this out.
Thanks!

I got my Phantom 3 Advanced out last year to fly for the first time in quite a while. I updated firmware on the drone and the controller (then later read where people say if the drone is working, don't update the firmware! Oops). Then when I tried to fly it, no joy. The remote controller seems fine. The status light on it is green when the drone is powered up and it gets a video signal from the drone. However, the drone is not happy. The rear status indicators rapidly flash yellow and the controller won't start the motors up.

I've reconnected the remote controller to the drone multiple times and the controller indicates it has connected but it still won't start the drone. From what I've read, I suspect I may have mismatching firmware on the controller and drone but if so, I don't know how to fix that. The remote controller is running version 1.9.2. I don't know how to tell what version the aircraft is running... Found this forum a while back and hope someone can help me figure this out.
Thanks!
Hi there...what is the small light on the gimbal showing? red or green (if its reddy green colour its firmware mismatch). One thing you could try is calibrate the phantom 3 and try reconnecting again. The DJI GO app will tell you what firmware is on the bird.

Hi there...what is the small light on the gimbal showing? red or green (if its reddy green colour its firmware mismatch). One thing you could try is calibrate the phantom 3 and try reconnecting again. The DJI GO app will tell you what firmware is on the bird.
Thanks for the reply. The light on the gimbal flashes red/green. Where in the app can you see the drone firmware? I couldn’t find it.

Thanks for the reply. The light on the gimbal flashes red/green. Where in the app can you see the drone firmware? I couldn’t find it.
Drone firmware numbers in general settings in app,scroll down to ""ABOUT"" and click,,,,,drone and remote need to be on to display rc and ac firmware versions,,

Thanks!

fast yellow means it not seeing the remote, how are you linking it

I’ve linked by clicking the link remote button in the DJI go app and pushing the little button on the gimbal. The app comes back and says linked successfully.

I’ve linked by clicking the link remote button in the DJI go app and pushing the little button on the gimbal. The app comes back and says linked successfully.
Drone firmware numbers in general settings in app,scroll down to ""ABOUT"" and click,,,,,drone and remote need to be on to display rc and ac firmware versions,,
it only shows me the app version, controller version and safe fly database version. No ac aircraft version.
Under aircraft status for overall status it says Normal (latest firmware)

Reactions: Alan Russel
Thanks! I will give that a try.
Couple of questions...
I downloaded aircraft fw 1.11.0020 the latest available on DJI's website. Put it on the micro SD card and inserted into aircraft gimbal but it wouldn't update because that's the version currently installed. Can it be forced to reflash this version?
From the link you sent, they have a version 1.11.0030. I assume that will install since it should be a newer version. Where did this version come from? Why is it not available on DJI's website? Should I try to install it?
Thanks!

Gonna take a guess and say reflash the latest firmware for the drone and controller, you can get them here

click green code and download zip
Couple of questions...
I downloaded aircraft fw 1.11.0020 the latest available on DJI's website. Put it on the micro SD card and inserted into aircraft gimbal but it wouldn't update because that's the version currently installed. Can it be forced to reflash this version?
From the link you sent, they have a version 1.11.0030. I assume that will install since it should be a newer version. Where did this version come from? Why is it not available on DJI's website? Should I try to install it?
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic