Aircraft Disconnected

Reaction score
Hey all

Tonight I had what seems to be a popular issue "aircraft disconnected". Even though the app wasn't working I still had full control over the aircraft.
Screenshot_20180609-210859.jpg

Screenshot_20180609-210752.jpg

Thankfully it happened before I got in the air. No issues at all prior to this.

My troubleshooting steps were the following.
- Reboot aircraft
- Reboot tablet
- Reboot controller
- Update DJI App
- Clean app cache from app manager

None of those worked but I finally got it going again by uninstalling the DJI app, rebooting the tablet and installing it again.

I'm guessing there's more than one "fix" for this but should I expect this to happen from time to time and chalk it up to that's how it is? This would probably not be great if I was out flying somewhere.

Maybe this post will help someone else.

If your flying a few miles out and those words "Aircraft Disconnected" show up on the screen, can bring a wave of fear to any pilot believe you me!

Happened to us on Saturday. AC was only 20' in front of us, hovering as we were discussing how to turn on one of the Intelligent Flight Modes. Still had RC control, but rebooting the RC and the Crystal Sky did not reconnect, so we had to land the AC and reboot it as well.

Happened to me again the other week. Initially turning everything on only the RC was connected. Had to reboot everything to get the AC connected.

It's like the random computer crash.. gets you wondering if it was a cosmic ray or something that passed through the CPU and interrupted the operations.

Happened to me again the other week. Initially turning everything on only the RC was connected. Had to reboot everything to get the AC connected.
If it happens again just unplug USB cord from device and reconnect it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga