Air Travel with Phantom Vision +

Reaction score
I plan to fly Frontier Airlines from Ohio to Colorado next month, and I'm considering bringing my Phantom with me. I'm looking for advice and cautions.

I'm willing to buy a decent hard case for it, but I don't want to spend an exorbitant sum on a paramilitary tactical case designed to withstand minor nuclear explosions; I just want something that will hold up to airline baggage handlers.

I also want to know if there are any prohibitions I'm failing to find on the Frontier or TSA web sites. Any problems with the lithium batteries?

I just returned to the US from three weeks in Italy, France and Germany. I had a total of 6 international flights on three different airlines during my trip. I carried my P2V+ inside a standard Nike backpack that fit the Phantom, the controller props misc camera gear and three flight batteries. It met the requirements for a Personal Item meaning it was like a laptop or purse because it measured 16X12X8 and weighed 17#. I could have had a roll aboard suitcase to carry on also if I had wanted.

I only had to take the Phantom out of the backpack once in Paris, and was asked what it was once in Germany. The other four times it went through security without even a question. Bottom line, no problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20