After VPS calibration, the gimbal motor yaw still not stable

Reaction score
My P4P crashed and gimbal motor yaw's neck dislocated and body arm opened...I got them repaired but when I wanted to fly my P4P, I noticed Gimbal motor yaw not stable...the neck keep rotating to both left and right....I checked YouTube and I got a video that anytime the drone crashes....and repairs, I have to do some VPS calibration....I did that, the problem still persists...what could go wrong? I only have pictures of the repaired drone

Can you post a short video of the camera/gimble during startup? What new parts have you installed, etc ? DIY or pro repair? What country?
Hard landings often require a new yaw motor, (the stops get scratched). Remember to save the old one as you will need to reuse the original drum. Video on YouTube (by @Ted4797) who does these repairs for USA members and dealers alike. Doable DIY repair if you have the skill and tools. Good luck

Last edited:
My P4P crashed and gimbal motor yaw's neck dislocated and body arm opened...I got them repaired but when I wanted to fly my P4P, I noticed Gimbal motor yaw not stable...the neck keep rotating to both left and right....I checked YouTube and I got a video that anytime the drone crashes....and repairs, I have to do some VPS calibration....I did that, the problem still persists...what could go wrong? I only have pictures of the repaired drone
wat makes u think a vps cal will help with gimbal motors? do u mean after crashes, etc to maybe do an IMU or gimbal cal?

wat makes u think a vps cal will help with gimbal motors? do u mean after crashes, etc to maybe do an IMU or gimbal cal?
Yeah!! It's after crashes....I saw it in one of DJI tutorial videos that I should do VPS, please are you advising me to do IMU or gimbal cal?

When you repaired the yaw motor, did you swap your original metal casing onto the new rotor.

Reactions: Capt KO
When you repaired the yaw motor, did you swap your original metal casing onto the new rotor.

Actually, I didn't buy any new rotor, the yaw motor dislocated and got repaired, so I don't know if my drone repairer swapped the original metal casing

Yaw motors are not “repairable” only replaceable. And the old motor drum must be reused. (They are matched to only that drone and I label accordingly). Hope that was done but your problem screams otherwise. Check if he has the old parts, if work actually done. Whether you, or he, has that matching part, its needed to repair your drone. Hopefully the original yaw motor was never replaced.

Yaw motors are not “repairable” only replaceable. And the old motor drum must be reused. (They are matched to only that drone and I label accordingly). Hope that was done but your problem screams otherwise. Check if he has the old parts, if work actually done. Whether you, or he, has that matching part, its needed to repair your drone. Hopefully the original yaw motor was never replaced.
Thanks a lot...I will ask him

Be sure to watch the YouTube videos on Gimble repairs by Ted. Shows proper way to replace yaw motor so that it works. Tricks of the trade from the best. GLuck ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah!! It's after crashes....I saw it in one of DJI tutorial videos that I should do VPS, please are you advising me to do IMU or gimbal cal?
Wouldn’t hurt after the yaw problem fixed. I usually do IMU and gimble cal, after any gimble repairs, even without warnings to do so. Rarely VPS.

Wouldn’t hurt after the yaw problem fixed. I usually do IMU and gimble cal, after any gimble repairs, even without warnings to do so. Rarely VPS.
Okay....does that mean I should do IMU and gimbal val?

Don’t think you can until the gimble is stable. Will probably overheat and not solve anything. Do after the fix.
Okay....thanks, are you telling me to fix it by replacing the yaw motor before i can do the IMU and gimbal cal?

Correct. Wish I knew what has already been done. Hard to tell from here. Personally, I can’t think of any other reason than the yaw motor as the cause. That and ribbon cable are the major problems after a crash or Hard landing. (Maybe a couple plastic parts too). Did you get a new OEM ribbon in the repair? Non OEM can cause many headaches including abnormal or non functioning camera/gimble.
Is your repair guy any help? Feel free to tell him what you’ve learned. ?

Correct. Wish I knew what has already been done. Hard to tell from here. Personally, I can’t think of any other reason than the yaw motor as the cause. That and ribbon cable are the major problems after a crash or Hard landing. (Maybe a couple plastic parts too). Did you get a new OEM ribbon in the repair? Non OEM can cause many headaches including abnormal or non functioning camera/gimble.
Is your repair guy any help? Feel free to tell him what you’ve learned. ?
Okay, thanks a lot, please I would like to post a video on how the yaw motor is malfunctioning, how do I send the video? Is there any means of sending a video here?

Be sure to watch the YouTube video on Gimble repairs by Ted.
Okay, thanks a lot, please I would like to post a video on how the yaw motor is malfunctioning, how do I send the video? Is there any means of sending a video here?
Post it to YouTube then post the link here. Make it shareable not private.

Please, here is the video link of my P4P yaw motor malfunctioning ........https://youtu.be/cpIXfgQg14M

Please, I need you guys response

Please, here is the video link of my P4P yaw motor malfunctioning ........https://youtu.be/cpIXfgQg14M

Please, I need you guys response
Can’t open. That’s the url but we need the link. Go back and make it shareable, public, Here. On your YouTube home page choose this video, there is a share option. Copy to link and post the link here. YT videos will show how to. Try again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31