After updating firmware.

Reaction score
Is there anything i need to do after updating to the latest firmware. Should I calibrate anything etc?

Yes. Do steps #47 and #48 here.

Fortunately, your quotes are updated too when typos are fixed ;)

I don't subscribe to automatically calibrating anything after an update. What I prefer to do is a conservative flight to check all behavior. If it flies perfectly than I don't prefer to implement any calibration that could possibly cause an issue when it wasn't necessary in the first place. The only one I would do without hesitation is compass, as it's easy and has little to no chance of screwing up provided it's done in a proper location. But imu, sticks, or gimbal - I don't mess with them unless they show signs of really needing it. A flight or two of conservative close and intermediate range flying without issue is enough for me to feel confident that all is well after an update and nothing more needs to be done, except fly and enjoy.

I don't subscribe to automatically calibrating anything after an update. What I prefer to do is a conservative flight to check all behavior. If it flies perfectly than I don't prefer to implement any calibration that could possibly cause an issue when it wasn't necessary in the first place. The only one I would do without hesitation is compass, as it's easy and has little to no chance of screwing up provided it's done in a proper location. But imu, sticks, or gimbal - I don't mess with them unless they show signs of really needing it. A flight or two of conservative close and intermediate range flying without issue is enough for me to feel confident that all is well after an update and nothing more needs to be done, except fly and enjoy.
Yes I do the same.

Yes I do the same.

Me too. You can look at the values in the app before taking off. I have yet to calibrate anything except the compass, and that was out of the box before the first flight--108 flights with 17hr 32min on the clock.

Me too. You can look at the values in the app before taking off. I have yet to calibrate anything except the compass, and that was out of the box before the first flight--108 flights with 17hr 32min on the clock.
Yes recalibrating can be fatal.
You can only calibrate 10 times before it causes your bit pump to go out making the P3 unstable forever. :p

I don't subscribe to automatically calibrating anything after an update.
To each his own. I recommend that people do it because many DJI employees have suggested it. And, I'm assuming they have a reason for recommending those calibrations be done again.

As far as being afraid of not doing the calibrations properly, it sounds like you might be a bit out of practice. They are easy to do and pretty hard to screw up if you do them per DJI's instructions.

Reactions: Dounin Front
Doing the Drone Dance under the Sun star is necessary to appease the Drone Gods. Those Who watch over and protect our flights. ;-)

We/Us earthlings, all need a higher power, to believe in.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20